Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my first ultrasound tomorrow...TERRIFIED!! ***UPDATED 10/30***

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM
  • 14 Replies

I had a mc n july, and found out last week we are preggo...here's why i'm so scared of this u/s: I started getting very faint pos at 9DPO, and got a pos on a digi at 10DPO in the evening (most digis need at least 50 mlu to register)...i was freaked that my numbers must be pretty high...the dr wanted me to get in right away for betas anyway, due to the mc and the fact that my LP dropped to about 7 days after the mc...anyway the numbers came back well ABOVE average: 176 for 3weeks5days, and the second four days later was 828...they are doubling every 43 hours which is good, they just started out really high...my fear is one of 2 things: a) TWINS or b) a molar preg-which i've heard is more common if you get preg soon after a mc...any ideas?

UPDATE: Had the us, and it still made me a little nervous-the tech was pointing out all of the "parts"-cervix, uterus, overies, and then she came to the sac and silence...she measured the sac, and said, "ok, done!" Told me the radiologist would review the scan, let the dr know, and then the dr would get ahold of me. On the plus side, the sac was considerably larger than when I m/c, and they are pretty sure i was about as far along as i am now...

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lavendersky
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:01 AM

all i can say is have faith. I will be praying for you and your family. I know that everything will be fine. yjust keep positive thoughts and be strong. Let me know how it goes. Be blessed!hugs

gacgbaker
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I just wanted to wish you the best with the ultrasound.  I don't have much advice for you, but we are here to support you, so let us know how things go and feel free to post more you need an extra few words of encouragement.   

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues

sparklebug86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I could be wrong but im pretty sure molar pregnancys dont develop like that but, it could be twins and if it is.... how exciting!!! Congrats!

CafeMom Tickers

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM

My numbers were doubling every 38 hours so I was concerned about the same thing. There's only 1 very healthy baby.  

spazchicken
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Good luck on your ultrasound tomorrow,  I'm getting my first one tomorrow as well :)

montanacat
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:42 AM

bump for update

spazchicken
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Its good to hear that everything is goind good for you.  I just got my ultrasound this morning and mine had no heart beat :( They even said its possible that I have a second fetus that looks to be around 6 weeks but the doctor had a hard time seeing it as it was in the back of my uterus.

Did you end up finding out first that you were going to have a miscarriage or did it just happen?  If my baby is 8-9 weeks, then that means it was almost a month ago and I still have not spotted or anything. I also had two negative pregnancy tests at the clinic this morning.

hayleesmommy07
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM

aww well hopefully everthing turns out fine...keep us updated & you'll b in my thoughts & prayers

Photobucket
airbornewife04
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Im pretty sure everything is fine because my beta count for exactly 4 weeks was 2448. I got a positive hpt ever on mothers day and since i had a tubal pregnancy rupture Oct 26, 2008 which i lost a liter of blood, my left tube and the baby i had to go to the er to make sure the baby was in the right spot. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow and I am measuring 6 weeks ahead but at my 20 week ultrasound, i was 19 weeks 4 days and the baby was measuring 19 weeks 5 days so only a day bigger. So either there is a twin that is hiding perfectly or hes a big baby compared to my two girls.

CafeMom Tickers
beibee
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Good luck for ur ultrasound...and, have u ever heard virginal ultrasound or not??does it hurt??i'm nw 6 weeks pregnant but doc give me a virginal ultrasound....is it good for the baby??thanks...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)