Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I caved so easily and got the H1N1 vaccine

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 24 Replies

I had my mind made up, the H1N1 vaccine was not for me!  So why then did I get it yesterday?  My doctor started talking about people dying who get the flu and freaked me out!  Nurse told me she had the flu during her pregnancy and was so sick she had to be admitted to the hospital.  When I called my husband and told him I got he didn't even believe me because he knew how against it I was.  Well, I got it and there's nothing I can do about it now.  I'm just going to worry that my baby will come out deformed or something!

Just out of curiosity who else has gotten it?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leeann3110
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I got the H1N1 vaccine a few weeks ago and I too was very much against getting it but caved in at last minute. Everything is still fine with me and my little guy I also about a week before getting this vaccine got the regular flu shot and everything was good with it too. Im pretty sure that your baby will be fine and wouldnt worry too much about it. 

pregnancy calendar
Happypancake
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM

No sense in worrying now, I believe you made the right decision for yourself and your baby. Considering the H1N1 virus may still be live when your baby is born, think of this as an additional immunity to prevent him/her from contracting the virus when he/she is most vulnerable, just like you are right now, as a pregnant woman.

I'd worry more if I got the H1N1 virus and wasn't vaccinated, feeling like I didn't do all I could to be responsible in taking care of myself and my unborn child.

I trust the government wouldn't conspire to wipe out an entire generation with a vaccine if it wasn't safe.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Kristen1010
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I got the shot and my boys got the mist this past Saturday.

MJWard
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I got mine yesterday.

pregnancy calendar

lilmami316
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM

im way to nervous about this shot allthough i went to a clic lastnite cus i had a high fever and was getting sick they said they did not recomend it to pregnant women sorry not trying to scare you but they also said its better to get the flu shot  not the h1n1

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Cecilydw
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I got it two days ago (I am 15 weeks pregnant), I researched and educated myself on it, and decided that it was the best choice for me and my family for me to get it. It was a hard choice, but it sucks that you have to choose one or the other.  The baby and I are fine as far as we know.  I am sure everything will be ok :)

HLoeffler08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Me and my kids got the shot..I just dont' like the idea of the mist but everyone def. needs to get it..

Happy2BDomestic
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Don't feel bad.  I was set against it too but then I changed my mind at the last minute.  I got it a week ago.

sexymamma20
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM

my doctor highly recommended i get the shot so thats what i am doing tomorrow. there is a high amount of people in my town getting sick from h1n1 so its better to be safe than sorry.

Mother Of Dianna 5, Dylan 3 and one on the way

pregnancy
Mom2Jack04
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I got it....check out one post on the General Discussion forum of this group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/299/forums/read/10130439/Update_on_my_friend_and_her_twins_update_1_update_2

Just so scary when you hear about the bad cases....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)