Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Positive HPT and not sure what to do.

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

Neither me or my husband have jobs currently and no insurance. DS is 8 months old. I took an HPT this morning because I havent had a period yet this month and sure enough, it came back positive. I know my MIL will want us to move in with her but I really dont want to. (I dont think I'll be able to stand them for 9 months lol)  I just dont know what to do. I'm sigining up for medicaid today.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gacgbaker
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM

You may have some pregnancy crisis centers in your area, what state are you in?  If you can say what area you live in I might be able to help you find some centers near you that can council you on what to do next.  I know my neighbor doesn't have insurance, and she called around to find a doctor who let her pay as she went.  It took a bit of leg work, but she found one that worked with her.  There are some good options out there you just have to start making calls and asking questions.  Do you still have contact with the OB that delivered your son?  You might try contacting them and go from there.

Congratulations by the way!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues

blg119
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Where are you living right now since you nor your husband have a job? If your MIL is willing for you to move in with her, I would jump at it until you or your husband can find employment. I think you are taking the right step in getting insurance.  

annaviaclovsky
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Although it will be harded with expecting another little one you wouldn't be faced with something that you couldn't handle. Things always happen for a reason. If you are not wanting another little one you might look at adoption (where you get to find the right family) but if you are wanting another little one buckle up and prepare for a tough ride. You will be able to overcome whatever happens. ;) Think Positive Thoughts!!!!!!

For every negative thing you think/say follow it with three positives!!

Hope this helps,

Anna

CafeMom Tickers

HeidiLong07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM

If there are people that are willing to help you (MIL) I would take it.  The economy is so tough right now you may have to put your feelings aside and do what's best for your family.  Everything will work out...it always does.

Faithers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Thank you all for your support. Right now we live in a house we are renting from my MIL. She was letting us stay here free of rent until we get on our feet but I know it will be easier on her (and us probably) to move in with her. haha  I havent thought about looking into crisis centers. Im sure there are some around here. I live in Polk City, FL.  Middle of nowhere  lol

spazchicken
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I'm filing for medical tomorrow and I know were your comming from.  Tough decisions :/

TheMillerFamily
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM

sign your whole family up for welfare and have your hubby join the work program they have there. They will help him find a job fast.  

Photobucket

Due with #2 April 2010

Gender Prediction
CORTNIE101
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I agree.... I live in wisconsin and my sister was in the same situtation.... She went down to our Job Center and signed up for W-2 which helped her alot. She got 700.00 a month for looking for a job and they even helped her find one.  You should check into that.  You already have a good start by signing up for insurance maybe you should talk to that person and she will point you in the right direction.

Quoting TheMillerFamily:

sign your whole family up for welfare and have your hubby join the work program they have there. They will help him find a job fast.  

toddler boy        
Cameron is TWO

Faithers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Quoting CORTNIE101:

I agree.... I live in wisconsin and my sister was in the same situtation.... She went down to our Job Center and signed up for W-2 which helped her alot. She got 700.00 a month for looking for a job and they even helped her find one.  You should check into that.  You already have a good start by signing up for insurance maybe you should talk to that person and she will point you in the right direction.

Quoting TheMillerFamily:

I tried applying for unemployment but they denied me. Said I didnt make enough or something. Is welfare different?

CORTNIE101
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

If you are both unemployed you will qualify for assistance through the state.  Your husband will have to do whatever they tell him to do whether he has to go to the local job center everyday.  But yes welfare is different!!!!! and I would appeal the unemployment if you think that is wrong!!!

toddler boy        
Cameron is TWO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)