Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does this sound? im trying to figure out how to tell DH **updated with results**

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

so im trying to figure out how to tell my DH that im preggers with #2. The first time I just blurted it out so this time i thought I would try to make it somewhat more special even though hes probably going to be mad.

So this is what I thought..... as soon as he gets home, he goes upstairs to get changed so I thought that I would get 1 pink and 1 blue balloon and tie on a picture of the positive pregnancy test and set it in the bedroom so he will see it as soon as he walks in. How does this sound? Or i could use the pregnancy test as the weight to hold the balloons down but im not sure if thats a good idea.

Any other ideas?

Well he didnt see the balloon, or the pregnancy test tied to it. I had to walk him to the bathroom counter that the balloon was tied to and hold up the test for him. Once he saw it he started laughing and asking if I was serious. Then he got mad and left for about 10 minutes. And then he came back and apologized. By this morning he told me he was excited. (And they say that women are hormonal...lol)

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrittLawless
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Thats a cute Idea I'm waiting till x-mas if we get preggers that is, Im gonna put the test in a little box with a bow and give it to him for x-mas :)

lovemykids73
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I think that is a great idea!! You could also have your other child running around with "I'm the older brother/sister" shirt on too.  :)

CafeMom Tickers
annaviaclovsky
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I have heard of people using their children to tell their family. i.e. by getting a shirt that says "i'm the big sister/brother)"

But your idea is very cute

CafeMom Tickers

zionsmom1
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Thats exactly what i did with the test as the weight! Then my sis was there and took a pic right as he looked at it. Priceless this was a surprice pregnancy so it was hilarious to see his face

ashleywilkerson
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM

i made a  shirt that said big sis 2010 and let my daughter wear it it took my husband about 4 hours to get it 

sparklebug86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM

this is a suprise pregnancy two....suprise #2 in fact. MY son is only 7 months old

Quoting zionsmom1:

Thats exactly what i did with the test as the weight! Then my sis was there and took a pic right as he looked at it. Priceless this was a surprice pregnancy so it was hilarious to see his face

CafeMom Tickers

Army_Wife41
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I like that idea. If I were not in complete shock when I found out I was pregnant with number two....he probably would have found out a different way. But I guess he has to settle with "You have got to be kidding me! I am never listening to you about birth control again!!"

lol Congrats!

baby

CafeMom Tickers

Arnamentia
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I did the T-shirt thing for DD, and it took Dh about 2 seconds after getting home to get it lol. I also texted the pic of her in it to the family. Next time, I'm going to get a big cardboard box and pretend like he got something in the mail, and set it on the bed or couch or something. I'm going to fill it with blue and pink hellium balloons (so they fly out when he opens it) and put the test on the bottom :) 

Your idea is super cute, hope DH doesnt take forever to put two and two together! Sometimes mine is clueless about such things....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

sparklebug86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM

im in shock too.... i was not expecting this and i have no idea how to tell him. My husband is not going to be happy at all :(

Quoting Army_Wife41:

I like that idea. If I were not in complete shock when I found out I was pregnant with number two....he probably would have found out a different way. But I guess he has to settle with "You have got to be kidding me! I am never listening to you about birth control again!!"

lol Congrats!

CafeMom Tickers

misselerie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I thought my husband would not be very happy when he found out I was pregnant again, so I just told him and although he was shocked, he didn't say much about it for about 2 weeks, but now he is super excited! Our older daughter is 6 years old, so we really weren't expecting another one.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)