Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was it?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

This has been bugging me since it happened last night and while I know it doesn't really mean anything - I'm still curious and I know that a few of you ladies have had more than one child and what not so I figured I'd just go ahead and ask and maybe make my curiosity go away.

Last night DH and I DTD and afterwards I started having what felt like menstrual cramps, but I knew that was just from DTD and plus I've been having those "mentrual-like" cramps for weeks and the doctor told me it was normal. They were uncomfortable, but nothing bad. However, I then had something I haven't had happen before(not like this). I was laying on my side trying to go to sleep and all the sudden from my belly button down tightened and kept tightening - it was actually a bit painful! I even sort of felt a little pulling. I don't think it was LO moving or anything. I got to thinking and it's happened a time or two before, but just the tightening feeling just wasn't as strong. Was is just really intense BHC or a real contraction?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
maxandrubysmama
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I would say it was most likely just a really strong braxton hicks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
maxandmephoto. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

djspacegirl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:32 PM

sounds like a contraction to me.  however, it's totally  normal to have, especially after sex.  i'm on baby #3, and i'm already having real contractions throughout the day. not just the painless  tightening of BH.  my midwife assured me that as long as they are not consistant and happening for hours at regular intervals, they're completely normal.  just your body's way of practicing for labor.

" src="http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/CCFFFF/003333/My pregnancy/12/24/2009.png" alt="Pregnancy ticker" />Make a pregnancy ticker
Mom2Jack04
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:28 PM

It's just Braxton Hicks.....pregnant or not your uterus contracts when you have an orgasm, when it's this large you just realy FEEL it, lol.  It's why having lots of sex is a method to bringing on labor towards the end, because of the contractions it brings on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)