Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I got a Positive blood test but they want me to come back...I am so worried!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I went in this morning for a blood test. It came back positive but they want me to come back in Monday to retest because my levels where low. So now I am worried....should I be??? I mean I am only 3 wks and 6 days along so do you think its just b/c I am sor early? I never had to do this with my boys....but I found out I was pregnant at like 20 wks with my first and 8 wks with my second. So would you be worried??

I just called back and the level number was 89...does that mean anything to anyone?????

Come joinwww.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" Psalm 139:16

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandy716
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I am not positive but I don't think the actual number now means anything.  If they recheck it and it does not go up or up as much as it should then that is concern.

Nemhs
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:09 PM

All i've found is at 3 weeks it should be at 5 or above. So i wouldn't worry they usually do two draws when it's early to make sure your levels are going up. 

nini0315
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:55 PM

The same thing happened to me. When I was retested my levels where up. Turns out I wasnt as far along as we thought! So dont worry, everything should be just fine.

CafeMom Tickers
Laurenn33
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I have no idea but my friend is pregnant (4 weeks today) and her levels today were 700

pregnancy week by week
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Yea well that isn't going to help me relax...thanks!!

Quoting Laurenn33:

I have no idea but my friend is pregnant (4 weeks today) and her levels today were 700

Come joinwww.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" Psalm 139:16

JasonsMom2007
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

My levels were like 79 at 4 weeks!  My regular doctor said that was really low.  He said he would expect me to be like 2 weeks pregnant according to that.  Well yeah, I was two weeks pregnant really!  The paper he had in front of him said gestational age which was two weeks when I was four weeks pregnant.  Now I am 17 weeks and everything is great :)  So yeah, don't worry about it.

Laurenn33
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Laurenn33:

You asked for responses.....no one said that they were going to be positive or negative. I said that I don't really know what is "good" or "bad" but those were her numbers. Gotta love when people ask, and then don't want to hear the answers.

pregnancy week by week
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Quoting Laurenn33:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Laurenn33:

You asked for responses.....no one said that they were going to be positive or negative. I said that I don't really know what is "good" or "bad" but those were her numbers. Gotta love when people ask, and then don't want to hear the answers.

Yea I heard ya thanks!!

grapejelly
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I think it's because it's early.  I had the same situation (though my numbers are higher)  My first one was 536 and my second (2 days later) was 1200.  The nurse explained to me that the doctor likes to do another draw 48hrs later to make sure the levels are doubling when they are under 1000 on the first draw.

LIke someone else said, I don't think there is reason to worry unless the numbers aren't doubling in 48hrs...

Good luck!  :)

CafeMom Tickers
cdeweese
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

When I was 3 1/2 weeks my levels were 71 and now I'm 17 weeks and feeling my baby move! Don't worry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)