Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natural flu prevention help...piog

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

so my family and i have never got the regular flu shot and wont be getting the h1n1 this year...my question is does anyone have any good home remedies they use to prevent the flu and that are safe for breastfeeding...i.e. what do you eat? what vitamins are you taking? what foods boost your immune system? thanks to all who read!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
spazchicken
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I just watch out with eating processed foods, sugars, and wheat products. Try not to take NSAIDS as they break your immune system down.  Have not been sick for a long long time.  My bf takes a good deal of vitamin C around this time, though I dont really just  because I guess.  Taking echinacea(pills or tea) is supposed to be a good immune booster.

Bell peppers(especially red) have a higher content of Vitamin C than oranges ;)  I eat them like apples all the time.

Eat alot of garlic and take raw apple cider vinegar if your worried about respitory/sinus infections.

Whisper85
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I suggest building up your immune system..I would up your vitamin D, Vitamin C and take probiotics. Garlic as well :)

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

jessicaaris
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Well I don't take anything for flu prevention or anything. We eat pretty healthy, but my main thing is keeping everything clean. We disinfect a lot and have hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes we use a lot to try and prevent the spread of germs. Making sure the laundry is done regularly (unfortunaltely that ends up being everyday) and things are clean so that if someone comes home with germs, they don't get spread. I don't know if that is what you were looking for, but that is how we prevent colds and flus at our house. I also give my son a daily multivitamin to just help a little.

Pregnancy Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)