Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cyst

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 1 Replies

I had my first appointment today and i am way further then i should be for this first appointment.  My insurance is stupid and was giving me the run around because we were moving across country.  Anyone that has tricare knows they are great when there is no bases near but if you have a base everything you do is a pain in the butt.  So i finally got them to push it all through and had my first OBGYN appointment.  Well i had my first ultra sound ordered by a pcm two weeks ago.  We know we are having a boy and that i am 19 weeks, well today they told me something else that really worries me though i was told it shouldn't.  The baby has a cyst on his brain the size of a pencil eraser.  They said not to worry they typically go away but they want to watch it.  So has anyone had this happen?  Did they go away?  What are the effects if it doesn't?  Is he in pain now?  If it was a child you've had already when did it go away?  Is anyone going through this now?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Lharyssa
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:25 PM

The doctor told the same thing to me when I had my 20 week ultrasound. I was very worried but at my next ultrasound, one month later, it was gone. It`s not painful for the baby and as long as your little one is active it`s usually a good sign that he`s healthy. I also read that some children are born with those cysts but it has no influence whatsoever on their development. In `What to expect when you`re expecting` they`re talking about this as a `common finding` around the 20 week ultrasound. It helped me a lot to read about it and I know that even when they say `don`t worry` you just can`t help it. But I`m sure everything will be fine for you :)

Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)