Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate waiting!!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am so tired of waiting to go into labor!! I am not due for 9 days but I have been having braxton hicks contraction for months, and I have been having more frequent pains the past two weeks, so I thought that might be a sign of impending labor, but no! I am so tired of being pregnant and so ready to have my baby girl here, and I just hate waiting for something to happen. I am so impatient anyway, I am the kind of person who wants things done ASAP and this is a major thing I want done ASAP but have no control over. It is just frustrating. I was induced with my son and never had any twinge of a contraction until the pitocin kicked in so I was hoping baby #2 would be a quicker labor, but it doesn't seem that way. Ugh! Sorry to be whiner, I am just ready to be done with pregnancy. I am so uncomfortable!

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Hang in there hun!! I know it's uncomfortable and I know what it's like to hate waiting (I'm the same way) but it'll be done and over and you'll have your little girl soon! Be patient (as can be) until then..

RaeMcLean6
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Just a thought but I would try all those great things that help labor move along... LOL I am not a patient person at all when it comes to having my babies and know the stress. Try to think of it as this you get a few more nights of no crying and no pain.. just joking with ya, but i would ask your dr. about raspberry tea and other non-medical intervintions to help!

Lharyssa
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:47 PM

My due date was yesterday... I just can`t wait to see my baby!! I sleep and walk as much as I can, these are 2 things I`m going to miss once he`s here :) - but I`m getting anxious. Plus, everyday someone is calling to see if we had the baby yet, which adds to my anxiety...

CafeMom Tickers
doulala
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM

You haven't started labor yet, so maybe it will be faster than with your son, don't know yet!

Maybe you can get yourself distracted.   What do you still want to do before baby comes?
Are you making meals to stock the freezer?

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

doulala, Pregnancy Group Mod

jessicaaris
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I have tried distracting myself and it hasn't worked. I am still working but I have a boring office job that has been super slow lately so I just sit here and play of cafemom and think. When I get home I keep busy but then when I go to bed I can't get comfortable and hardly sleep so I think some more and wish for labor (how crazy is that?). I am buying easy stuff to make on my Saturday shopping trip so I am not stocking meals or anything. Anything I do I just end up thinking about stuff so it is not working.

Quoting doulala:

You haven't started labor yet, so maybe it will be faster than with your son, don't know yet!

Maybe you can get yourself distracted.   What do you still want to do before baby comes?
Are you making meals to stock the freezer?

Pregnancy Ticker
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Red Raspberry Leaf tea does not put you into labor.  I drink a quart of it every day from 12 weeks pregnancy on.  It tones the uterus.

For OP:  It is almost over.  You body is just preparing for the 'day'.  :)  Just think of it as the more you have 'practice' contractions, the more ready your body will be.  I know it's hard, but it's not too far away now.

Quoting RaeMcLean6:

Just a thought but I would try all those great things that help labor move along... LOL I am not a patient person at all when it comes to having my babies and know the stress. Try to think of it as this you get a few more nights of no crying and no pain.. just joking with ya, but i would ask your dr. about raspberry tea and other non-medical intervintions to help!

thewarden
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM

just hang in there it will be over soon.

BlueEyes689
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM

im not due until Novmeber 10th but the doc yesterday gave me until next tuesday before she induces me..so im hoping this baby comes on her own, my son did and i really want her to come on her own too... good luckk to you hun hang in there..i have 4 days until i get induced

ameliasmommy221
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM

We all know how you feel! With my dd I had braxton hicks while i was sleeping. It hurts like HELL..I would be in such a deep sleep the next thing i know i would grab hubby and start screaming ow ow ow!! At one point I thought it was time to go because it was just too painful to bear. Just hang in there hun! Maybe you can try walking around your neighborhood  with hubby. I hear walking can help jumpstart labor :)

pregnancy
miss_hughes
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:44 PM

im another one of those people who wants everything NOW!

just think of it this way...youre almost there! i have 10 weeks left...you have 9 days (give or take)!!! atleast youre closer then some of the rest of us!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)