Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else? :) "i didnt know..."

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was having Braxton hicks contractions with my son and never knew they were contractions! And I had them frequently and for months. I was just always like mom my stomach is so hard and tight it like takes my breath away sometimes. Anytime my doctor checked me at the end and asked if I was having any contractions... I was just like no.. Yet at my final appointment I was 4-5 cm dialated and fully efaced lol. Yeah I was having them I just had no clue til after I was in labor thats what they were...

Anyone else not know they were having braxton hicks and they were? OR any other similar stories.. " i didn't know ....."

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008

I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- May 21, 2010

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TheMillerFamily
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

LOL I thought my son was trying to push his way out of my stomach through my belly button when i had those!! I had no Idea until I was at my monthly visit and the doctor told me that I was having a mix of braxton hicks and real contraction!!

I just know it was really uncomfy and took my breath away, at least I will know what it is this time around!!! 

Photobucket

Due with #2 April 2010

Gender Prediction
Harris06
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:42 PM

With DD I was having BH but I didn't know it, I didn't even feel them. No lie. The only way that I found out was when I went into the hospital at 36 weeks for a double kidney infection and was all hooked up to monitors, my doctor and nurse were both like "Do you know that you are contracting?" I was like "I am?? No way." LOL Sure enough they showed me on the monitor. I had no clue and never even felt them at all. I would lay there and watch my irregular contractions...ot feeling them mind you. I would be talking to DH and go "oh look, a contraction" LOL I sure enough felt it when I really went into labor 2 weeks later though! *whew*

MelaniesMama
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

When I was preg. with my first I went into the hospital b/c I havent felt her move all day.  They had me hooked up to monitors & after a while said.......can you feel that? I was like......feel what?  They said, well your having contractions........You dont feel them?
LOL
This time DEFFINITLY feel my contractions.  They are painful!

krysta33
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM

the night before my due date i went out to dinner with family and i got home and got in bed and woke up around 2am with what i thought were "poop" cramps from whatever i had eaten so all night im getting up to try to go number 2 when really they were freakin contractions..i got to my doctor appointment that am and he said i was 3cm and it wasnt until i got home from the hospital that i even put 2 and 2 together!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)