Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

movement of the baby

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

let me start by saying that i am 14 weeks preg. I have been feeling the baby move for about 3 weeks now (this is my 14th pregnancy) however i have not felt the baby move since Friday.... I know that this is likely but i am worrying my self straight to the funny farm because of what happened with my last pregnancy.. (the baby died in utero at somewhere between 12-16 weeks) i guess this is kinda a vent but also seeing if any one has anything that can "calm" me down a little bit...

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spazchicken
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I'm supposedly 14 weeks preg as well and I have not felt mine once yet...of course this is my first pregnancy.  My first ultrasound tomorrow so that should ease me a litte i'm sure.

Good luck and hope everything is ok.

megbarr
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I felt mine about 3 weeks ago, so I would have been 12 weeks. I'm 15 weeks now and haven't really felt it since. But I've been to the doctor since and saw the heart beat on the ultrasound.  Everyonce in a while I will get a sudden urge to pee and I'm pretty sure it is because the baby kicks my bladder. If you are that worried about it, call your doctor. Considering that you have lost one, I'm sure they wouldn't mind checking things out.

going4theride
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Well I'm on my first pregnancy and have been feeling mine since about 15 weeks... but at first there would be days i felt it and days i didn't but now at about 18 weeks I can actually watch my belly move and sometimes it looks like someone is flicking me from the inside.

I'm sure you are fine, but if you are really worried talk to your doctor...

PippaSkye
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I feel mine already but its twins so I am sure that has a lot to do with it and this is my 2nd and 3rd .

KITTYCAT1
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I'm also 14 weeks (almost 15). Some days I feel the baby and other days I don't.  It's still pretty early to feel consistent movement so everything should be fine. Do you have an appointment soon? Maybe hearing the heartbeat will put your mind at ease.

babymama205
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:57 AM

This is my 3rd, and I have never been able to feel regular movement until closer to 18 weeks at the earliest. What I do now (at 23 weeks) is drink part of a coke and lay on my back... the caffeine usually stimulates some movement and then I feel better. A doctor told me to do this when I was pregnant with my first and its something I always tell my worried girlfriends to do. Drink the whole coke if you need to... it should get some things moving for you though! Good luck!!

Moosty
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM

wow im 17 weeks and havent felt a thing lol. but i would say go to your doc or at least call them and see what they say

bebemama10
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM

If you are worried call your doctor.. or drink the coke, I like that idea.  I didnt feel my first movement which are still just little flutters until 19 weeks but then again it's my first and I'm bigger. 

Jackie .. army wife to PJ *2005*
expecting our 1st baby 3.24.10

CafeMom Tickers

lpb79
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Gosh, I am 21 weeks and I still don't feel movement.  It makes me a nervous wreck for sure! I can't wait 'till my ultrasound next week to ease my worries.

bebemama10
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Quoting lpb79:

Gosh, I am 21 weeks and I still don't feel movement.  It makes me a nervous wreck for sure! I can't wait 'till my ultrasound next week to ease my worries.

Try not to worry... though I know that's easier said than done!  I have my ultrasound Thursday, and before moving here have had quite a few because of being high risk, but it's been 2 months since my last one and I'm super anxious to get to see the little bean :)

Jackie .. army wife to PJ *2005*
expecting our 1st baby 3.24.10

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)