Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

taste buds always changing

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:20 AM
  • 2 Replies

Anyone else's taste for food keep changing?
Its like every time I hit a new trimester, or 'milestone' what i can and can't eat changes.

When we first found out, it was nothing sweet, and no red meat.
Second trimester was all sweet, chicken and tuna.
Third has been (so far) mexican (same for all 3) and stuffing.

I made my fav. dinner tonight- baked chicken, stuffing and corn, and all I could eat was the corn and stuffing. the chicken just made me nauseous.
I am sooo tired of not being able to eat!!! I told dh that after this one is born, him and I are going out to a nice dinner and i'm ordering a nice steak dinner just so i can enjoy meat again. This baby probably thinks we're vegetarians!!! (yea i know, total exaggeration. . lol)

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gacgbaker
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:17 AM

With my first I had that!  It drove me nuts... as soon as I found something I wanted, I didn't want it anymore.  It does go away though and get better... that steak will be great when you get it after baby arrives!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues
Join us in the Pregnancy Group or Babies Group
Amber, Pregnancy and Babies Group Mod

lanena_aljamila
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM

i knoooowww!

im sooo tired of these stupid tastebuds. ill really have an outrageous craving, and if i wait too long to get what im craving, by the time i taste it im ready to throw it all in the trash.

...case and point: oranges.
ive been having such a strong craving for oranges that i have been going NUTS to find some. this is the thing...since my tastebuds are all out of whack, for MONTHS ive been looking for the "right" orange, and none have worked. i tried brand after brand, large oranges, small oranges, navel oranges, tangerines...you name it.

...it wasnt until i got to the clementines last week that all was right in the world again. THAT was the orange i was looking for. all other types of oranges tasted hooorrible.

its enough to drive a woman mad!

c.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)