Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did I just give birth? oh wait...I just had to use lamaze to poop.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:22 AM
  • 4 Replies
Sorry...I know TMI but this is getting rediculous! I had issues with constipation before I got pregnant. When it got bad I would chug some magnesium citrate and would be good in an hour. Now it takes over an hour just to attempt to get some relief. I find myself breathing through long pushes and nothing happening. I never had to deal with hemrrhoids with my first child but I keep it up like this it is going to be awful come time to give birth. Any and all ideas...remedies...etc. are welcome. I'm in agony!
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
doulala
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:31 AM

ahhh, mama!   SOOOO sorry!     (lol!)

Yah, I know EXACTLY what you mean!   I have definitely compared BMs to childbirth...

Sounds like you need to get on some "Colon Green" supplements or similar.  

:-(

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

doulala, Pregnancy Group Mod

Saffyre
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Is there a stool softener you can take while pregnant? I know that OTC heartburn meds (TUMS, Rolaids, etc.) will make you constipated, so if you're taking them you might want to stop.

Ummmm...prune juice, pears, apples, apple juice or applesauce. Fruits in general - except bananas. They tend to make people MORE constipated.

That's all I can think of right now. Good luck!

wifeandmomof306
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:09 AM

try eating oatmeal. It has helped me alot

Armywife6
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:16 AM

Fruits, we make sure our son eats @ least 1 fruit cup a day for this reason. Prob not what you wanna hear but I've been told that drinking to much water may make you constipated, which I know sucks since being pregnant you have to drink a ton of it. That's all I can think of. GL

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)