Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your "diet"

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm just curious as to what some of you are eating daily.. Do you go by the recommended diet or do you completely ignore it or are you somewhere in the middle??

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MONICALYNN83
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I am 12 weeks so I i mainly eat whatever I can hold down.The only thing I drink is milk and water mosty water I have been eating alot of fruits and veggies.

nikki0927
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:05 AM

i eat whatever i want im just careful as to not eat too much. i also make sure i am eating some fruits and veggies each day.

hannamanmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I've been sticking to the diet my doctor gave me which was to cut out bread, rice, pasta, and unnatural sugars.

Breakfast: small glass of orange juice, eggs, cheese, and sausage

Snack: cottage cheese and fruit

Lunch: soup, salad, fruit

Snack: carrots or celery with a serving of nuts and string cheese

Dinner: Protein,  at least 2 veggies

Snack: yogurt

It sounds like a lot but I keep my portions small and don't feel hungry. I allow myself one treat during the week and one on the weekend.

angieluvsolivia
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I am 9 months along and I eat basically whatever I can hold down/tolerate.  I have had morning/night sickness the entire pregnancy and now have terrible heartburn so, anything goes.  To be honest though I drink way more than I eat because I am so thirsty all the time, that fills me up and then I can't eat!  Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Arnamentia
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I know it may sound bad, but I just eat whatever I feel like eating! I eat a little more than I did pre-pregnancy, but thats about it. I never ate lunch meat, weird cheeses, or shellfish (allergies) before so that "dont eat" list was easy to avoid. With DD I only gained about 30lbs and so far I'm at about 15lbs this time around. My doctor never gave a "diet" to follow, and I never got morning sickness.....so if chips and string cheese sound good, chips and string cheese it is! Mmmm and chocolate lol. Both are girls and I have a major sweet tooth, so DH and I joke that when I dont want sugar itll be a boy :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Double.L
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:24 AM

My goal was to only gain 25 lbs this pregnancy and Ive done it (by eating healthy). For breakfast I had Total Raisin Bran w/ 2 % milk and OJ. For lunch I had a Swiss and ham sandwich and for snack I ate carrots, celery and cucumber with ranch. I'm making broccoli chicken and cheese casserole with bread for dinner and having a yogurt, fruit and veggie smoothie for snack later. I drink water all day everyday and have milk with dinner. I do sneak in a few treats every day though. I love to bake so I usually have cookies or pie etc to pick at. I pretty much stick to the food groups though.

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

riotgrrl
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I already try to eat pretty healthy, so it's pretty much like my regular diet, plus some extra protien and calcium and my prenatal, and minus the things you're suppposed to avoid.

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I'm a mix. I make sure I eat enough fruit and the first thing I eat each morning is a banana, apple or grapefruit followed by yogert and a glass of milk. If I want pizza or a slice of cake I allow myself to have it. I drinks lots of water and get plenty of rest. I try to get some sort of exercise in a least 3 times a week. I'm 14 weeks and have lost 8 pounds since I've been pregnant so I'm not eating terrible or to much. Do I follow the rules perfect, um no but I do eat decently well so I think I'm fine,

KITTYCAT1
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I'm a vegetarian. I keep a food journal of everything I eat to make sure that I'm getting what I need everyday. I've been writing down everything I've eaten since I was 4 weeks and I haven't skipped a day. I have a really healthy diet, but of course I do give in to cravings now and then, lol.

kylismomma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I eat whatever i want! I guess i'm lucky because i am now 28 weeks and have only gained 6 pounds, and everyone keeps telling me i look tiny and asking me if i eat enough, but ever since my horrible morning sickness ended i eat whatever i feel like eating. I'm basically the same non pregnant, i have never really dieted. When i'm breastfeeding i will just have to not eat as much chocolate or broccoli as i do now..it made my dd very gassy. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)