Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The pediatrician

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

alright so we already have a pediatrician because we have a 5 year old but how and when do I let the hospital know this so that my baby can see that Dr within his first week?

Our little Beetle

Mommy, Daddy and Big sister Ella can't wait to meet Ollan Stephen!!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jodyduhe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

The hospital will (should) ask you pediatrician preferences when you have the baby or if you pre-register maybe then.  I delivered my second at a hospital that was not one my pedi practiced at so she was seen by the pedi there and it was my responsibility to call our pedi and make an appt for when we were released.

My first was born at the hospital where our pedi practiced and I was blessed that she was on call when we had her.

girlenvy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM

You make your babies first appoint for the week that he/she is born not the hospital. you take them your self a few days after you go home my sons doctor actually are pedis who see babies in the hospital after  birth and in there private office and even thou he seen them after birth I still needed to bring them back to him a week later at his office and I had to make my own appt when we goti home

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM

same here

Quoting girlenvy:

You make your babies first appoint for the week that he/she is born not the hospital. you take them your self a few days after you go home my sons doctor actually are pedis who see babies in the hospital after  birth and in there private office and even thou he seen them after birth I still needed to bring them back to him a week later at his office and I had to make my own appt when we goti home

CafeMom Tickers

PaigeAlysse
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

My OB's nurse asked me at my first appt who I wanted. But, I bet you could just call and ask who can see your newborn when it's born.

robin1725
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Well I am delivering at a hospital that my pediatrician does not have rights to so she will have to see a pediatrician that is at the hospital. Then, within a couple of days I will have to bring her in to see my pediatrician for her first appointment.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)