Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little weight gain and now loosing weight. What gives?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm certainly not one of those pregnant women who is afraid to gain weight.  But for some reason, I'm just not gaining much.  I don't know if I lost some in the very beginning, since I didn't go to the OB till I was 13 weeks.  But I've only gained 10 or so lbs, and at my visit today I had lost 2.  Nothing was said about it being a problem though.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bridgetm
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I havent gained much so far, about 14lbs, and im 32wks.  Somedays at the doc i gained and sometimes i lose a pound or 2... just depends.  at my last appt i weighed 114, and they didnt say anything about it.  i think as long as the baby is growing like they should be the weight gained/lost isnt really a big deal.  goodluck!

baby growth
MommyAllie07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I eat alllll the time and I haven't gained much weight either. In fact at the beginning of my pregnanct i lost 5lbs and i didnt have morning sickness at all. So far I've only gained 20lbs, and I'm 36 weeks. At my last appointment I had lost a pound. My doctor says it's fine as long as I'm eating and I'm definitely eating! haha. You're probably ok. The baby's going to start gaining more weight now, about a half a pound a week, so you'll start getting a little bit bigger. If you're feeling worried about it though bring it up to your doctor, but chances are if something was wrong he/she would have said something by now. We should be happy that we dont have a whole bunch of weight to lose after we have our babies like other women do though! one of my friends gained over 60lbs when she was pregnant! She lost it really fast, but if it were me I'd never be able to lose all of that!

its a boy

amber0678
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM

ok this si my 4th pregnancy, and i've always gained weight in the past, right within the healthy limits....however, i have only gained 3 lbs!!! im 28 weeks now, and just 3 lbs up from my starting weight @ 13 weeks! i feel like i should be gaining more, but my dr says baby is measuring right on and looks great, so not to worry!

CafeMom Tickers

Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I'm still down 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, I really haven't gained anything, it's all baby.  The same was true with Jackson, I was actualy down about 20 pounds in my 9th month than when I became pregnant because I worked out almost daily.  I'm a size 14 anyway, so as long as the baby is growing fine they aren't concerned with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)