Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mucus plug? piog

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 3 Replies

ok so i just went to the bathroom and wiped and my discharge was pink tinged and i looked in the toilet and there was a big blob of what looked like hard yucky snot...i know someone told me mucus plugs replenish themselves but when would you know it was really just gone and labor would be on the way? ive had very very mild cramping for a few weeks and have been losing tiny parts of it already but this one was like golf ball sized....eww and help!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
desertwannab
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM

There is no way to really know.  The plug isn't actually part of labor, it's just an indicator that it could be coming.  Although I wouldn't plan anything based on it.

I never noticed mine with my 1st.  I lost mine at 35ish weeks with my 2nd and had him at 36 (but had already been dilated to 4 cm by 35 week appointment)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
MommyAllie07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I would probably call the doc if i were you. In my baby book it said if the mucus plug is tinged with red pink or brown that means you're dialating and possibly in labor. good luck momma!

its a boy

amber0678
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM

golf ball sized?! really?! i never lost mine with the other 3, so i wouldnt even know what it looks like firsthand..i didnt know it could be that big!!!!!! but i do know, from research and friends/family that it can be lost fairly early, but replenish itself, so idk...call your doc anyways...good luck!

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)