Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT....stroller recall...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

http://www.clickorlando.com/money/21560980/detail.html

Maclaren Stollers Cost 12 Children Tips Of Fingers

POSTED: Monday, November 9, 2009
UPDATED: 12:39 pm EST November 9, 2009

Maclaren stroller recall
Maclaren recalled about 1 million strollers after getting at least 12 reports of finger amputations in a hinge.

Maclaren recalled about 1 million strollers because a hinge can pose a risk of cutting or amputating a child's finger.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said there have been 15 reports of children putting their fingers in the hinge. Twelve of them lost the tips of their fingers.

The recall affects all Maclaren single and double umbrella strollers. The word "Maclaren" is printed on the strollers.

The models include the Volo, Triumph, Quest Sport, Quest Mod, Techno XT, TechnoXLR, Twin Triumph, Twin Techno and Easy Traveller.

They were sold at Babies "R" Us, Target and other retailers nationwide from 1999 through November 2009 for between $100 and $360.

They were made in China.

The CPSC said people should stop using the strollers immediately and contact Maclaren to get a free repair kit. They can call Maclaren at (877) 688-2326 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit Maclaren.us/recall.

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Wow! Now I know what stroller NOT to get! Thanks!

desertwannab
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

WOW!! thats TERRIBLE!  I've heard of recals for like breaking wheels etc, but losing fingers... thats outrageous!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:49 AM

wow! that is awful!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)