Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leaking fluid from below

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

Anyone else have any kind of discharge or leaking going on? I am 25 weeks prego and today I felt wet. When i went into the bathroom I had a big wet spot on my underwear, it is clear fluid. I don't have any infections or STD or anything like that. I always have some kind of discharge but never this much at one time. Sometimes it is thick. But I was curious if anyone else has this happening?

pregnant belly

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bren07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

with both of my pregnancies i had tons of discharge and sometimes it was like that and other times it was thick n white (TMI)..lol..but its normal..discharge changes lots during pregnancy..as long as it doesnt have a bad smell or is like yellow or ne thing its fine..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

CallieJo05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Yep...Ive had leaking.  AND been to L&D for it.   I was told that it was just normal discharge unless it smells "sweet" in which case it COULD be amnoic fluid.  And usually amnoic fluid is a little bit heavier...so more than likely (unless you've had sex recently) its just urine and you're just peeing on yourself.....or at least...I was. :) 

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM

With my first I started leaking fluid around 25 weeks. It would just say something next time you go the doctor unless you are positive it's discharge which is of course very common during pregnancy! 

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, soul mate and best friend & Proud mommy of a beautiful princess and handsome little toddler prince!

Babyjae44
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Quoting CallieJo05:

Yep...Ive had leaking.  AND been to L&D for it.   I was told that it was just normal discharge unless it smells "sweet" in which case it COULD be amnoic fluid.  And usually amnoic fluid is a little bit heavier...so more than likely (unless you've had sex recently) its just urine and you're just peeing on yourself.....or at least...I was. :) 

H

hehe .. me too .. With my first pregnancy i went rushing to the Dr b/c i thought i was leaking something important like .. amniotic fluid... but i too was just peeing on my self .. the joys of it all.

I am currently 25 weeks and dealing with the same thing. Its just the norm i suppose. It probably wont hurt to mention to your dr or midwife ..

good luck!!

oh.. and invest in panty liners :0)

CafeMom Tickers
Tiffaney2004
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I have been wearing panty liners and pads. Once the fluid dries it has a yellow tent to it but no bad smell or anything like that. No itching either. I tend to get yeast infections and I know how those feel so i know that this isn't one of those. It just sucks to be constantly wet or have to wear a pad esp when I don't have period. LOL The joys of motherhood!

CallieJo05
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:36 PM

LOL...I agree. I thought I was DONE with pads for a at LEAST 9 months...NOPE! haha.   Im in the same boat as you...Mine has a yellow tint to it too...My dr. still says its just pee.  Ahhh...this is the only place I can talk about this and not be embarassed!! hehe. 

Quoting Tiffaney2004:

I have been wearing panty liners and pads. Once the fluid dries it has a yellow tent to it but no bad smell or anything like that. No itching either. I tend to get yeast infections and I know how those feel so i know that this isn't one of those. It just sucks to be constantly wet or have to wear a pad esp when I don't have period. LOL The joys of motherhood!

Tiffaney2004
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM

You would think we would know the difference between peeing our selves and having a discharge. I'm pretty sure I'm not peeing on myself. I don't care what the doctors say. LOL! I refuse to believe that. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)