Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm beginning to worry...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok, so I'm sure it's early and it will be harder b/c I'm chubby (5'3 & 206lb) but I haven't really felt the baby move yet and I'm freakin out about it.. I mean, granted I didn't really feel Elijah move til he was 18-20wks but I thought I would feel it sooner this time around, especially b/c he's so active.. BUT I guess it's too early and/or I'm too chubby so it will take longer?? I dunno, just wanted to put that "out there"

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I am sure it will be any day now. I wouldn't worry untill 20 weeks.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Jess8685
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM

If it makes you feel any better I didnt feel this one move until 20wks and now at 23weeks she doesnt stop.. Im 5'2 and 190 so im chubby too lol.. I have 2 kids that my first i felt at 18wks and my 2nd i felt at 15wks and it freaked me out because i didnt feel this one until 20wks

Twinboysmom22
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:33 PM

With the boys I felt them at right around 19 weeks.  With Payton I felt her at around 21 weeks.  And she is way more active than the boys ever were.  I wouldn't worry yet!! 

katznkt
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Even for thin people the normal window to feel movements is 18-22 weeks. 

Since you are chubby you might err on the 22 weeks side.

Don't feel bad.. I am right there with you 5'4'' 190lbs and I felt the baby starting about 20 weeks, and didn't really feel good movements until 23 weeks or so. :) Now I am feeling her just fine. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our new addition!

marriedmomma3
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I have an Elijah too! 

pregnancy

baby

babies
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

LOL I've found that a lot of women on here have Elijahs.. I didn't realize HOW popular the name was until I got on here.

Quoting marriedmomma3:

I have an Elijah too! 

pregnancy
maybebaby15
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I'm chubby too, and I felt my little guy start at about 20 weeks. If you have real concerns, call your OB, and they can always check with the doppler or an ultrasound, but I'm sure you're fine. Don't panic, mama!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group
maybebaby15,  Pregnancy Group Mod

CrystalB3
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I am chubby too and with my first pregnacy I started feeling movement around 14 weeks, but this time around I have just started to feel regular movements.  I am 22 weeks now.  i would feel her move sometimes, but not regularly and I'm assuming it's just my size.  I wouldn't get too worried yet.

AirForceWifeUT
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:43 AM

While it IS true that with this being your second, you CAN possibly feel the baby move earlier, it's not always true.

A common misconception is that heavy set women will not feel their babies until real late. When you feel the baby kick or move, you're feeling it because the nerve endings in and around the uterus pick up the movement. It's not moving through layers of fat, so how skinny or fat a woman is has absolutely no bearing on feeling fetal movement. It's harder to SEE it from the outside, but weight has no bearing on feeling the movement.

I dislike this notion that overweight women suffer the experience (or lack thereof) because they're overweight. I'm your same height and outweigh you by quite a few lbs and I've had a completely normal pregnancy and felt my lil boy move during the middle of my 16th week.

Sweetie, you're completely normal and unless your doctor specifically says that something is wrong, there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

CafeMom Tickers
ineedadvice126
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 2:24 PM

You have absolutely nothing to worry about!

And if you dont start feeling him soon, there is always the possibility that you have an anterior placenta. (Which causes no complication or problem, it just means you wont feel the baby move until a little later...)

if your doc isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. Good luck, and hopefully you will get to feel your LO kickin soon! i know how comforting those simple kicks can be!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)