Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advise asap.... *** updated

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

i am wondering if i should wait til morning or go to the er... i have a "low grade fever" 99.1 however my normal body temp is about 97.4. i am having cramping pain in my lower abdomen with a sharp stabbing pain every once in a while,i am nauseated, my vision keeps going blurry, and i have a minor headache... not 100% what to do as i have never had this happen before...

*** home from the er.... baby is fine.... they told me it is just the "crud"

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cecilydw
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I honestly do not know BUT if you feel like something is wrong then by all means go to make sure your baby is OK.  I hope it is nothing, but there is no sense in worrying about it.  Good luck with everything! 

MarriedJess
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:52 PM

this is too much...I feel 100% exactly the same right now! straight down to that fact that I'm normally 97.4! it's been off and on for a week and I called my doctor the second day and he said not to worry until my temp got to 102 or if after taking tylenol and drinking water it didn't go down...I wish I could be of more help but I honestly got on cafemom to ask for advice with this also :) Please drink some water tho cuz a headache is a sign of dehydration.

Oh and I havent gone to the hospital or anything because I feel like they would just dismiss me especially since I can still feel baby moving

Our little Beetle

Mommy, Daddy and Big sister Ella can't wait to meet Ollan Stephen!!

SabrinaL
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Well your temp isn't really that high so I wouldn't worry about that symptom.  Even if you are normally at 97 when you are pregnant your normal temp will be a little higher than when not.  The headache, blurred vision, and nausea can all be explained by dehydration as well as the cramping.  I don't know about sharp pains though.  I would drink 16 ounces of water and lay down on your left side.  If you start to feel better than it was probably just dehydration.  If you aren't feeling better then you may want to call your doctor.  You can also take some tylenol for your headach.

alishabear0808
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Quoting MarriedJess:

this is too much...I feel 100% exactly the same right now! straight down to that fact that I'm normally 97.4! it's been off and on for a week and I called my doctor the second day and he said not to worry until my temp got to 102 or if after taking tylenol and drinking water it didn't go down...I wish I could be of more help but I honestly got on cafemom to ask for advice with this also :) Please drink some water tho cuz a headache is a sign of dehydration.

Oh and I havent gone to the hospital or anything because I feel like they would just dismiss me especially since I can still feel baby moving

i cant feel the baby moving right now and havent felt her/him move most of the day... however i am only 15 weeks so i know that could be part of it... all the info that my ob gave me was a fever of 100.2 with a normal body temp of 98.6 so takin that in to consideration that would be about the same degree difference.... im just really confused about it all... oh and I have been drinking juice and water all day...

and i just took my temp again and it is up to 99.7

SabrinaL
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Sorry I didn't pay attention to how far along you are.  At 15 weeks the ER will more than likely just give you some fluids and maybe call your OB.  They don't usually send you to the maternity floor until 20 weeks to monitor the baby. After they give you about 2 liters of fluid if you are still having the symptoms they may give you an ultrasound.  Honestly though at 15 weeks they wont do much.

MarriedJess
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Quoting alishabear0808:

Quoting MarriedJess:

i cant feel the baby moving right now and havent felt her/him move most of the day... however i am only 15 weeks so i know that could be part of it... all the info that my ob gave me was a fever of 100.2 with a normal body temp of 98.6 so takin that in to consideration that would be about the same degree difference.... im just really confused about it all... oh and I have been drinking juice and water all day...

and i just took my temp again and it is up to 99.7

well I am not happy that your temp is rising! and that you are having all of those "dehydration symptoms" even tho you have been drinking all day..is there a way for you to contact an on-call dr at this hour?

Our little Beetle

Mommy, Daddy and Big sister Ella can't wait to meet Ollan Stephen!!

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Have you taken Tylenol? That is the first thing they will ask if you go in, or if you call your dr. Try taking tylenol and recheck your temp in 30 mins to an hour. Most of the time your best bet is to just call your OBs office and talk to the doctor on call. Hope you feel better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)