Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody got an idea?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm expecting my second child on April14th. I actually haven't gotten an ultrasound yet but I'm convinced it's a girl-lol! Anyways, my best friend and "sister" Jessica passed away on Monday. I'm actually due on her birthday so am praying I'll actually give birth that day. I would really love to somehow put her name into our child's if we have a girl. The thing is that my husband and I had already chosen the name Naomi Grace and he really loves it. I don't think he's willing to sacrifice either name and he wants all Bible names so Naomi for the first name is pretty un-negotiable. Does anyone have any ideas how to perhaps combine Jessica and Grace to make something pretty? I was thinking maybe Naomi Jessi-Grace Adams (not sure about the hyphen) but I don't know if that flows or if that's just too many names! If nothing works then nothing works. But if anyone has any ideas I would LOVE to hear them!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Why not just give her two middle names? Naomi Jessica Grace.... I think it sounds good! My son has 3 middle names, so I don't think two would be weird at all!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

luvbeingmama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Have 2 middle names..i think Naomi Jessica Grace is pretty.  And if its a boy maybe incoroporate Jesse in the name. 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM

So Naomi Jessica Grace Adams doesn't seem too long? That's the combo I've most loved but haven't been sure if it would be a pain for her when she gets to school and has to learn how to write her name and all of that. The more I think about it the more it grows on me...now pray that my husband is open to it!

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM

A couple of my kids have 2 middle names. I don't think it's weird. go fo it mama!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

lil_miss_me
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I know you said Naomi for the first is probably un-negotiable.. but try it. Put Jessica Naomi Grace. I think thats pretty

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Quoting lil_miss_me:

I know you said Naomi for the first is probably un-negotiable.. but try it. Put Jessica Naomi Grace. I think thats pretty

I'll probably tell him both ways and see which he likes the most. I can tell you though that he is SET on Naomi. I like both versions so whichever he likes I will be fine with...I just hope he likes one of them! :-)

orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 AM

He should probably understand how much it means to you and why you want to do this! GL mama!

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Quoting lil_miss_me:

I'll probably tell him both ways and see which he likes the most. I can tell you though that he is SET on Naomi. I like both versions so whichever he likes I will be fine with...I just hope he likes one of them! :-)

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

mzmamiof3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:43 AM

i actually think that name is beautiful and a great combo, i hoping its a girl too for you, if you look at it her whole name will be meaningful, thats cool lol

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I love the meanings! :-) And I'm so glad that we should be able to keep "Grace" as well. Her sister's middle name is Joy and we were hoping to keep with that theme. :-)

Quoting mzmamiof3:

i actually think that name is beautiful and a great combo, i hoping its a girl too for you, if you look at it her whole name will be meaningful, thats cool lol

sissychristi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:53 AM

My best friend was told she couldn't have kids after her first and she wanted to use many names for her children, so she gave them all to her daughter.

Kylie Elizabeth Ilene Terri Anne Williams.

Kylie has always been just fine with all her names.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

So Naomi Jessica Grace Adams doesn't seem too long? That's the combo I've most loved but haven't been sure if it would be a pain for her when she gets to school and has to learn how to write her name and all of that. The more I think about it the more it grows on me...now pray that my husband is open to it!

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)