Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- for those of you who have your ears pierced

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

Sorry not pregnancy related I just have a question. So i have 2 holes in each of my ears and I haven't worn earrings in probably 6 months (i am very clumbsy and where i work i would probably end up pulling one out of my ear) so i put some in last week, in both holes and when i took them out the 2 top ones were a little swollen, well i figured its just from not wearing any in so long. So today i looked and they are still a little swollen so I pushed on one a little and got a bunch of white puss or something out of it and then did the same with the other and got more out of that one. I've never had them do this before, I don't know if maybe it was like soap or shampoo that got caught in there somehow or what?? but it was white and not like an infection or anything and now they aren't swollen and don't hurt anymore.

anyone else had this??? is this normal?? lol i've had my ears pierced since i was 2 years old and got the top ones done when i was 16 and the top ones give me so many issues!!

thanks in advance :)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ArmyWife4Life08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM

my ears are very sensitive, and if I wear earring that aren't "real" then they do that. If you go long periods of time in between wearing your earrings then try sanitizing them in peroxide before putting them in.

If it continues to give you problems, stop wearing your earrings and maybe ask a doctor? Sorry.. I might not have been much help..

Chrissy9479
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM

oh good point about the peroxide! i had forgotten about that!! I should clean all of my earrings anyways they've been in my jewerly box for a while so yeah I'm gonna do that.  thanks! hopefully that helps, I'm going to put some in today and see if it does it again.

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I don't know. Here is a bump for you.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

annaviaclovsky
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I have never had this happen before. But I ussually clean my earring before wearing them. And I clean the holes every few days!

CafeMom Tickers

Arnamentia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I have 12 holes and an industrial piercing, and its totally normal. I wouldnt worry about it, since you got the gross stuff out. IF it lasts for more than a day or so, or hurts for that long, then you've got an infection. Then you need to take the earring out and let it heal. Otherwise it was prolly just gunk that got caught from not wearing something for very long. Clean your earrings, your holes, and try again. If the same thing happens, you might need to switch your earring to something pure. I have to wear sterling silver or surgical steel, anything else gives me an infection, but everyones ears are different. GL mama :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

callie06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I have a little gunk when I wear earrings which is rare.  They itch like crazy until I get the gunk out then their fine.  But try cleaning them and see if that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)