Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice on how to quit smoking

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

I know it's horrible that I'm smoking cigs but my stress level has be at the very top due to my husband not understanding for why I get upset with him. This week, I've smoked like half a pack in less in two days and that's not healthy. I was good about trying to quit up till this week. I mean I smoked till the end of my 2nd trimester with my first child and she was healthy, thank goodness. Is there another way for me to relief my stress level besides eating food all the time? Since I already have to eat for two. LoL.  

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarMommy06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I dont smoke, so I dont know. But Id like to commend you for seeking advice and trying to quit!

I hope you find something that works for you.

ashleykilleen
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM

i am not so sure chick! i quit when i found out, i gave myself 3 days to ween myself and by the third day i handed my last pack to my sister and said get rid of them!! I have not made one slip up since i just keep pictureing a baby with a lit cigg in its mouth because that was pretty much what i was doing to my baby. It made it alot easier for me to quit for the baby.

I am not going to lie though as soon as this baby is out i will be getting myself a pack of marlboro menthols and an amp over drive! Bash away but smoking and caffine are my only vice's we all have them.And no i dont smoke in my house or my car. 

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

TaysMom041908
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I wish i could help you I kinda just quit cold turkey. It was hard at first and there was A LOT of fighting in my house. But it got better

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

pregnancy week by week

wedding ticker

bebemama10
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I have never smoked so I have no idea how hard it is to quit.  But my SIL quit with both of hers, was super cranky for a while, but then was back to normal.  She did it cold turkey by guilting herself into it.  Good luck- and we're all here to support you. 

CafeMom Tickers

jeeniegurl03
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I basically quit cold turkey too but it was before I found out I was preggo. I was just done with smoking. It was stinky  and nasty. I hope you find something that works for you.

annaica
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

I quit smoking this year on July 1st after about 10 years of smoking 1/2 a pack to a pack a day... It was to me purely mind over matter... I cut back to 5 a day, didn't smoke in the car and went outside to smoke.  I started to realize it was pathetic (to me) to have to quit whatever I was doing or wait impatiently til I was done with something to have a cigarette...  Plus smoking 5 cigarettes was close enough to quitting- I knew I could quit. 

Stress relievers to me since then have been going on a brisk walk, doing arts and crafts with my son, looking up interesting things on the web, talking about the addiction with someone- I joined an online social network meant for quitting, called Quitnet.com.  Drink a full glass of water before you smoke, chew gum, eat tootie pops or popsicles- both very low in cals, find something you have been putting off around the house- some project to finish to get your mind off cigarettes... There's soooo many things you can do, but you have to honestly 100% want it, no doubt in you for it.  You can do it, I never thought I could but I have NOT SMOKED 2018 cigarettes, SAVED $653, and gave back almost 16 days of my life. 

You can add me as a friend and I will help cheer you on!  I'm due early  February with baby #2!

MamaKrystal
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Thank you mamas for giving the support I need. I know I need to try harder then I have been to quit. Especially when I will be visiting my parents next month for 2 weeks. I don't like smelling like ashtray, let alone I've been feeling sick to my stomach from smoking so I need to quit.  

Pregnancy Ticker
DevNnatesMomma
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I quit smoking 4 years now, cold turkey- found out I was pregnant and that was enough for me.  Stress relief: try walking, cleaning a toilet, shopping..anything is better than smoking..seriously your not only hurting yourself now.  Good Luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
kemmerer411
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:23 AM

First of all... smoking is gross... but I love it. I miss smoking almost daily. I dream of smoking cigarettes (litterally). But I quit and wont ever pick one back up again. You just have to stop. I know it sounds dumb... but honestly just set the cigarettes down and dont pick one back up again. Your probably going to want to smoke everyday for a long time... JUST DONT. It sucks, but its just the way it is.

Austinsmommy126
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Same here....I was done within 4 days after getting that positive test result.  I did the same with our first son, quit 2 days after...and I was kind of a heavy smoker....almost 1 pack a day.  I am going to try and not smoke after this little one is born..but I feel as though its innevitable ( sp?).  I def. dont smoke around the kids though.

Quoting ashleykilleen:

i am not so sure chick! i quit when i found out, i gave myself 3 days to ween myself and by the third day i handed my last pack to my sister and said get rid of them!! I have not made one slip up since i just keep pictureing a baby with a lit cigg in its mouth because that was pretty much what i was doing to my baby. It made it alot easier for me to quit for the baby.

I am not going to lie though as soon as this baby is out i will be getting myself a pack of marlboro menthols and an amp over drive! Bash away but smoking and caffine are my only vice's we all have them.And no i dont smoke in my house or my car. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)