Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathing while pregnant?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hello ladies i am 34 weeks pregnant and have been told by multilple people that you should not take a bath after so far in pregnancy but i am not sure if anyone has heard about this???

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM

at that point I took a bath everday because I was so sore. My dr said its just fine. Make sure the water isnt too hot. Think about this..... there are women who give birth in baths, so I would think your safe :)

CafeMom Tickers

LaurenMarie2307

I took baths till I was about 35 weeks pregnant, but the further I got along, the shorter they were, I would say just dont soak for hours........take a quick bath

Also, keep it cooler than you normally would, to keep your core temp down :)

nokesmomof2

totally not true! you can take baths just not hot hot baths cause it can set you into labor is what i have heard

orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Yep! It's the HOT heat that is bad for you. It also can dehydrate you! You can take them, just not very hot!

Quoting nokesmomof2:

totally not true! you can take baths just not hot hot baths cause it can set you into labor is what i have heard

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

Leeann3110
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM

My Dr said that baths are fine as long as they arent too hot. He said that if I was in a tub and started to sweat then the water is too hot and it heats the babies temperature up and you dont want that. 

pregnancy calendar
StarMommy06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Baths can give you UTIs very easily.

SweetMynx19
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM

bathing is fine. :)  some people dont have showers, lol!  You should only do it if you feel comfortable getting out of the tub safely, and the water should not be boil a lobster (or an in utero baby) hot!

Desiree and Mischa
Parents to
Ava Chiara Lee
and
Ryan Alexander!
Schleetle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM

My OB said it was fine to take baths as long as my water hadn't broke yet... He also said not too hot. He told me the best way to check the temp is okay is if I can sit my whole body in the tub at once comfortably, but if it felt too hot like where you need to hestitate for a minute after getting your feet in it was probably too warm. I can't take baths now though because our tub is so deep I can't get out without help, and DH is gone all day - I wish I could!

Pregnancy Ticker

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I agree w/the other ladies, it's the heat that's bad not the bath itself.. I've heard that if it's too hot it will get your core temp up (and the temp of the baby) and while your body can cool itself off the baby's cant. SO as lond as the bath isn't hot, AND you can get out comfortably, then you're ok.

pregnancy
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM

VERY VERY TRUE! I used to not be able to take them at all between ages 12 and 22 because I would get a UTI EVERY time I tried!

Quoting StarMommy06:

Baths can give you UTIs very easily.

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)