Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does it feel like?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

BH contractions that is :)

i never had them with my dd...but think i might be getting them this time around. i get them everyday....prob about 10 of them thru out the day.

they feel like weak period cramps. im not sure if that is BH contractions or something bad. im just worried because i have no idea what they feel like...

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

They always say your tummy gets tight, but mine never did.   

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

AngelicaRenee

with mine, my whole stomach would just tighten up and be rock hard and then it would soften.

StarMommy06

It feels like my uterus gets really tight and hard for about 20 seconds.

mrs_patterson
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I get the same feeling sometimes... and that's the best thing to compare it to is weak period cramps. I'm pretty sure it's BH though, because it's like everything in there tightens for a bit, then I can feel it release.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I never had BH with my first pregnancy NOT ONE!! But with my second I started having them by 10 wks and I had them every day until I delivered. By about 36 wks I had contractions almost every night 5 min apart and they would last 8-12 hrs before they would fade away. I really hope I don't have them with this pregnancy that bad. But yes they feel like menstral cramps or a tightning in your belly!! By the way I delievered at 38 wks!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

ashleykilleen
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM

this is what my at home care nurse told me,

they can feel like any of these things

cramping

tightning

dull lower back pain

i get all three at this point! But yeah cramping is normal if it makes you feel really uncomfortable or makes you worrie just give yourself a time out and lay down with a glass of water.Alot times for me if i just relax and lay down they will stop.

good luck!!! i went threw this too because i never had them with my first baby either.

-ash 

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

amber0678
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

IDK either! which is weird, becuase this is my 4th, so you'd think i would know...however, there are so many vague descriptions, i imagine i've had them all along, but i never notice them! sometimes i get a crampy type feeling in my lower belly, lasts a few seconds to maybe 30 seconds, so maybe thats it? but i'm so busy and active, i never pay attention to them.

CafeMom Tickers

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM

its usually always when im sitting down relaxing that it happens, or maybe only when i notice it! lol

Quoting ashleykilleen:

this is what my at home care nurse told me,

they can feel like any of these things

cramping

tightning

dull lower back pain

i get all three at this point! But yeah cramping is normal if it makes you feel really uncomfortable or makes you worrie just give yourself a time out and lay down with a glass of water.Alot times for me if i just relax and lay down they will stop.

good luck!!! i went threw this too because i never had them with my first baby either.

-ash 

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

thats what mine feel like too! just crampy feeling in the lower stomach for a few seconds

Quoting amber0678:

IDK either! which is weird, becuase this is my 4th, so you'd think i would know...however, there are so many vague descriptions, i imagine i've had them all along, but i never notice them! sometimes i get a crampy type feeling in my lower belly, lasts a few seconds to maybe 30 seconds, so maybe thats it? but i'm so busy and active, i never pay attention to them.

visit our family

kristinas8
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Yup, thats what it is. Just your body getting ready for baby to get here. Kind of like warm ups!  

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)