Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is Autism in the US?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to post the following without causing a stir or getting anyone upset. I'm in my first trimester and I've just been seeing so much autism awareness and just so many stories of children being diagnosed with this horrible problem. I came to the US to Au Pair a couple of years ago and one of the kids had autism and besides it being difficult to cope with, I started wondering why this affects American kids. My home country is South Africa and there are no kids with autism, in fact my family had no idea what it was until I mentioned it and there was a documentary on TV explaining this problem in the US.

My Mom had told me that babies born in SA have no way near the amounts of vaccinations babies receive here in the US. Even the dosages are higher here. It makes you wonder, maybe there are higher levels of mercury to cause this or some other substances in these vaccines! You never know, the government may easily be behind this to control the population...

I laugh when I hear about the H1N1 shot! I don't blame moms to be who receive this shot after their doctors recommend it but most don't do any research. Think about it, we are told not to consume too much coffee or eat sushi but you can have yourself injected with a virus that can affect your baby too? It doesn't make much sense. Also, apparently you shouldn't be around someone who got the vaccine for 30 days! That has to tell you something?

I recently saw an interview where a doctor was talking about the "Swine flu" and said he would not give that to his children! It's unsafe. Doctors get paid to prescribe you certain medicine, the drug companies pay for this. Go to :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1z7KSEnyxw

I wasn't able to copy the direct link for some reason...

Also, the food here is full of chemicals, hormones and too many preservatives. In my country, if you don't consume milk within 3 days, it will go sour. If bread is older than a few days, mould will start growing. We don't  have huge aisles and fridges full of frozen food in our grocery stores, everything is made from scratch and people are seen as lazy if they pop something into the microwave! The microwave is only to heat something up after it's been in the fridge.

There's a huge difference between my country and the US but the only reason I'm here is because it's safe here. In SA, we have a high murder and rape rate, so I'd rather be here and raise my kids but with great sadness! As you are what you eat and the food we eat in the US can be harmful, I try to eat organic as much as I can.

I really hope everyone will do some research before taking this joke for a vaccination! I definitely believe vaccinations and or the food causes Autism!

What are your opinions on Autism and what could be causing it?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sissychristi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Honestly, there has been so many things linked to autism that I have lost count. Since nobody has actually pinpointed anything definitive, I am assuming it is because nobody really knows for sure.

So, I am just aware of the things that go into my children's bodies. We eat organic, grow food in our own garden, avoid vaccinations, do not use chemical cleaners, make all our own meals, etc.

So far, so good too. None of us has ever been really sick and my kids very seldom come home with anything they picked up from the hundreds of sick kids they interact with daily at school.

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I am not disagreeing with you as they really don't know or admit to what causes autism. I agree there is alot of children with it. However Look at all the children that are vaccinated that are just fine. I have 6!  Maybe we have been lucky but I wouldn't say that vaccines absolutely cause autism either.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Twinboysmom22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I am not one to make a fuss about this post..but this most likely will start something.

I am not sure where everything is coming from, where it starts, all I know is that I trust my Dr. that I have and listen to him. America has many more options and things available than many countires, tis why you see so much more here.  It is a matter of self control and your own knowledge in things on what to buy and eat.  I wouldn't wnat to live anywhere else!

Schleetle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I personally believe that Autism is related to genetics. I know everyone's opinions/experiences are different, but thats just what I think. I have not had the flu vaccine this year, and probably won't before the baby is born, but not because of the reasons in this post.

Pregnancy Ticker

MJWard
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Quoting sissychristi:

Honestly, there has been so many things linked to autism that I have lost count. Since nobody has actually pinpointed anything definitive, I am assuming it is because nobody really knows for sure.

I agree.

pregnancy calendar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)