Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PPD?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

frown miniMy DS was born ten months ago and now I am extremely depressed.   This is my third and I have never had this happen before.  Could I get postpartum depression this long after giving birth or is it just good old fashion depression?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Maddape48854
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM

It takes a while for those hormones to go back to normal. Either way if you are feeling depressed, I suggest getting some help, not necessarily drugs, but counseling or just try exercising every day and taking time out for just yourself! Sometimes that will do the trick, but don't overlook it!

airforce_wife24
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I am prime example ! I just went today because I have been feeling like this and trying to fight it on my own. I have had the baby blues since she was born, but it didn't go away. I was afraid to talk to someone. Until this week, I finally sat my husband down and told him I was depressed. Not with him or my girls, but I just felt sad, over whelmed , and having anxieties. My husband suggested I go see my OB doc. Well let me tell you, I went and saw him today and told him everything that has been going on. He said it is not uncommon to get PPD this late in the game. My baby girl is 11 months old. He has put me on a three month dose of Zoloft 50mg.  There is nothing wrong with talking with your doc. Believe me, you will feel so much better. If you need someone to talk to, just pm me. Good luck to you !!

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I think it could be PPD. I would talk to your dr. and see what they say.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

NavyWifey122305
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I didnt find out I had PPD until my son was 13 mo. My dr did an evaluation after i had him but at the time i just thought it was beinga 1st time mommy hubby on 1st deployment not knowing anyone ect, but it didnt go away.

Its more common for PPD to go away after a year but in some cases it doesnt really show until later. Deff talk to your Dr.

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

Maritza1208
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM

It sounds like ppd to me , I have been suffering from postpartum depression during and after I had my baby he is about to be 1 the 20th and i still got it, just talk to your Doc and you'll get better soon!

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)