Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mothers that are having 2nd+ Child

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 22 Replies

how do you think your child(ren) will react to a new baby in the house?

my dd is 2 and she is expecting a baby brother. she always points to my belly and says baby......even kisses it, but im not sure she knows the FULL extent of what is going to happen and how things are going to change. she is my baby right now and i dont want her to feel left out

what are some fun things to do with your older children before/during and after the new baby has made their appearance?

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
julieobug
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM

My DS had no idea....he was only 14 months when we had our DS#2 and then he was REALLY jealous he didn't know the baby was staying and then he got mad at me. But that is probably because he was sooo young.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

babies

baby

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM

im afraid of that with my daughter because she is always by me and wants my full attention.

Quoting julieobug:

My DS had no idea....he was only 14 months when we had our DS#2 and then he was REALLY jealous he didn't know the baby was staying and then he got mad at me. But that is probably because he was sooo young.

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Karels3129

My 2 oldest ajusted very well to our new baby luke and they just love him to death..

rtenboer

My son at first didn't want anything to do with her, but it only took about 2 weeks for him to absolutly love her.  Now he gives her hugs and kisses and if she starts crying he is right on the ball and has even yelled at the nurse when she gave her shots and made her cry.

Maddape48854
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM

This is our fifth. all my kids have adjusted very well. We prepare them as much as possible by talking about the baby, getting a baby doll and teaching them how to be nice to the baby. there are some hospitals that have a class for the older siblings of the baby. I also try to have a gift for the older siblings when the baby comes. Uwually something to keep them busy while they are in the hospital visiting mommy, but they can't do that this time because the policy has changed to no one under 18 because of the swine flu.

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM

i was thinking about doing this. my hosp has it for like an 1 1/2 class and its only $10

Quoting Maddape48854:

This is our fifth. all my kids have adjusted very well. We prepare them as much as possible by talking about the baby, getting a baby doll and teaching them how to be nice to the baby. there are some hospitals that have a class for the older siblings of the baby. I also try to have a gift for the older siblings when the baby comes. Uwually something to keep them busy while they are in the hospital visiting mommy, but they can't do that this time because the policy has changed to no one under 18 because of the swine flu.

visit our family

2BabIez2BeBaker
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM

baby #2 isn't here yet.. but we have been talking about him ALOT and all of my family talk to my DD about her baby bother thats coming, so it's constantly a familier subject for her.  She knows he's in my belly and he has to "cook" a little longer..  but I think what has helped the most is having my baby neice around - she is only 5 months old, and because my family is so close, she gets to see her ALOT and she's spent the night at my brothers house, and my niece has even stayed at my house a few times.. plus just the constant family gatherings that the girls are together...  My DD has really gotten a good reality of what babies are like, that the cry, eat, poop, pull your hair (lol) just the whole nine yards.. and my DD has been loving every second of it!!!   She puts the binkies in my nieces mouth, she tries to help feed her her bottles, she sings her little songs when she's upset...  SO I think the adjustment should go pretty good... I HOPE   :)   Gl to you momma!!   

Big Sister Khaymin Sure Can't Wait To Meet Her Baby Brother!!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Well I am a little nervous about this myself. My first child was 3 yrs 3 months when his baby brother was born. He was having problems with speech delay caused by hearing loss so he acted out accordingly. A few months after his brother was born he had a surgery to correct the problem and things have been great ever since. BUT THOSE FIRST FEW MONTHS WERE TOUGH!! Now with baby #3 due July I am not so concerned about my oldest who will be 5 in july by worried about my baby boy Malachi who will only be 21 months when baby #3 arrives. He is very much still the baby and will have no clue what is coming until the day I ship him off to Granny's to give birth and come home with a adorble little intruder that takes all Mommy's attention. I am happy that Malachi is so much a Daddy's boy though so I think that will help. Honestly I am hopeing him being so young will make it an easier transition. I guess we will see!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

JsunkissedB
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM

my twins were 16 months when there sister came. i just had them watch a baby story with me and bringing home baby on TLC so they would understand what a "real " baby was. then gave them babies with bottles and diapers and we would play house and i would show them how to be gentle and nice to the baby. it worked great. they were extremely jelous when i breastfeed cause it took up sooo much time so after a couple of weeks of them crying at my feet wanting atention i made the decision to stop. after i started the bottle feeding my house was so peacefull and great! it wasnt as hard as i though. im expecting #4 my twins will be 3 and the youngest will be 18 months cant wait!! good luck!

they had no idea sissy would be coming home =)

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

that is SO cute :) :)

Quoting JsunkissedB:

my twins were 16 months when there sister came. i just had them watch a baby story with me and bringing home baby on TLC so they would understand what a "real " baby was. then gave them babies with bottles and diapers and we would play house and i would show them how to be gentle and nice to the baby. it worked great. they were extremely jelous when i breastfeed cause it took up sooo much time so after a couple of weeks of them crying at my feet wanting atention i made the decision to stop. after i started the bottle feeding my house was so peacefull and great! it wasnt as hard as i though. im expecting #4 my twins will be 3 and the youngest will be 18 months cant wait!! good luck!

they had no idea sissy would be coming home =)

visit our family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)