Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm just going to hide in my room where it's safe

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just got in a car accident.  I was backing out of a space at the grocery store and backed into a truck, apperently he didn't see me either.  I go to get out the the car and then get back in to get my information.  Within a matter of seconds I completely freak out!  Start crying and hyperventalating.  I grab my info hand it to my husband and tell him 'I can't do this right now'.    So I take off waddling down the street crying my eyes out on the phone with my mom.  Times are really tough right now financially and this is the only car DH and I have.

After calming down I go back to the 'scene of the accident' to find DH just waiting there for me.  The car isn't as bad as I thought but is definitley gonna need some work.  I'm sooooo glad he was with me because my pregnancy hormones just couldn't take it.  I guess a whole bunch of people came out and were really worried about me but DH told them I'm ok....just 7 months pregnant.  I just wasn't in the mood to have a nervous breakdown in front of a bunch of strangers.  Looking back on it now I bet it was a rather funny sight to see me waddling down the street.  I am currently in my bed safe and sound and plan on staying here the rest of the day.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM

lol oh i did this the other day when my tire poped for some reason. i had the donut put on and i was thinking that the didnt put the tire on right (they put them on less then 24 hrs b4 this happened) well took it to the place and said there was a slice in the inside of the tire.....i was SOOO mad and upset i walked away crying..thank gosh df was there to talk to them otherwise they woulda thought i was crazy too! lol

i am happy u are okay thou :) :)

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM

oh, SCARY!!!!!!

I am so glad you're okay!!!

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I agree I'm glad your ok....I just cried over the fact that I underboiled my eggs 2 times in a row. woo crazy hormones

Our little Beetle

Mommy, Daddy and Big sister Ella can't wait to meet Ollan Stephen!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I have another crying story :)
Hubby and I were driving through the country. Our car broke down in North Dakota (We're from washington) and we went to the dealer, we needed a part to the car which they didnt have in stock and would need to be ordered. It was saturday, we had to stay there til tuesday afternoon to get the right part, couldnt drive the car. We needed to be home sunday bc we both have work on monday. I was so upset, started bawling my eyes out at the dealers.. we were there for hours, trying to figure out what to do.. I am sure because of all my crying they were trying to do something.. they actually found the right part from a diff car they were selling and got us back on the road. boy it was something. i havent cried so much in a very long time! THere's something about a pregnant woman's tears ;) 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I just made my kids go outside to play because I am having a hard time dealing with letting them down about something. We just can't afford an activity and it almost moved my one son to tears because he enjoys it so much. We are doing a free trial period right now and it would cost $200/month plus other fees. We just can't do it!

by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM

i love the title of the post because i find that when im pregnant, i generally hide away from people because im so hormonal.  i remember my good friends (the ones who dont have kids) were wondering why they never saw me very much during my pregnancy, and finally after i was done being pregnant, i told them why.  i know this pregnancy (baby no 3) is really driving my husband crazy because i wont go out to eat or anywhere cept church!  we would always go out and about to friends places and such...and now im such a home body where it is safe!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Keep the stories coming ladies...they are making me feel better.  I have been pretty good at keeping the hormones under control but this ordeal just set me off.  When we got home I just made my DH hold me while I cried it out.  He told me to calm down and I said....'Just let me freak out for a minute, I need it!'

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

lol well I am a crier by nature, everything makes me cry so now its just 10 times worse. So everytime DH leaves for work, and its my day off,  although I know hes coming home at the end of the day, i cry because I want him to be home with me. isn't that so idiotic??? i can't help it though lol, i miss him when hes gone and i don't like being home alone. weird i know, what can i say? lol I also almost cried on my way home from the grocery store because i thought i had forgotten to pick up something i really wanted, but then i found it haha. and the farther along i get the worse it gets. but i don't get mad or upset about anything unless im really tired and something is bothering me.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)