Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do i do when i get a bad leg cramp?!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

At 6AM this morning i woke up to the pain of a really bad leg cramp, at first i was trying to take the pain but i couldn't do it for long. I had to wake up my boyfriend and i just told him to do something. He was so sleepy that he started massaging the wrong leg haha so i kinda smacked him and told him wrong leg! He massaged it for a minute or two and it went away but the after pain was still there and still is now. What can i do to avoid these bad leg cramps?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Drink more water. When it does happen, stand up, it usually goes away. 

riotgrrl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I would just point and flex my toes, which hurt like heck but made it pass pretty quickly. The cramps are related to potassium and sodium imbalances, so have a glass of milk and a banana at bed time to help avoid them.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!

And normal if I stand up right away they go away quicker!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

MissTV
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

yeah eating a banana is exactly what my doctor told me, and i do every morning. maybe i should switch that to every night instead.

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM

drink more water, eat banana's.  My midwife said when I get them to put my feet on the wall and push my weight off of it.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

jMama078
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM

When I would get them in the middle of the night, my hubby would flex the top of my foot back. It goes away soooo fast.

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I'm prone to leg cramps anyways.  My OB told me to take a magnesium, potassium, calcuim supplement and boy does it help!

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:39 PM

This probably sounds so weird but I go to the bath tub and run hot water over my leg until its gone. It works every single time. The hot water relaxes the muscles and stops the cramping. Ive had to do it several time during the middle of the night. But its worth the few minutes of running hot water over your leg.

MissTV
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 5:54 PM

running hot water doesnt sound weird at all haha my boyfriend told me to do the same thing...

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I get the cramps in my feet and toes! It's SO annoying and hurts SO bad.. I just flex my foot (kind of like I'm stretching the cramp) and leave like that until I can feel the muscle/stretched feeling relax.

pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)