Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby is small!!! im worried

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM
  • 20 Replies

i went to the doc yesterday had an ultrasound done and they said my baby was ten days behind my due date was jan 20 now its jan 31 .......... has any one had this problem

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsPilat
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM

10 days is nothing to be worried about, I promise. Duedates get changed all the time...sometimes I was measuring 2 weeks ahead or 2 weeks behind. Promise it's okay...if it was a problem your dr. would have told you. xoxo

MelzyD
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Quoting MrsPilat:

10 days is nothing to be worried about, I promise. Duedates get changed all the time...sometimes I was measuring 2 weeks ahead or 2 weeks behind. Promise it's okay...if it was a problem your dr. would have told you. xoxo

Completely agreed!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Just like the moms who are worried about rushing delivery b/c the Docs say the baby is already too big...Docs and u/s aren't always right. I am sure they will keep on eye one it but I wouldn't worry. If anything you should be happy. I don't think I have ever heard a woman complain about having to push out a smaller baby!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

stefro87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM

well im worried cuz im on bed rest and have to get on the monitors twice a week and take that medication that stops contraction and had to get that shot ..... im tryin to quit smokin but i cant only smoke two a day but still two is two to many

kristal2146
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I"m sure if your doctors are really worried then they will order another u/s to check on baby's development in a few weeks. Babies grow at different rates, and ultrasounds are not 100% accurate. They told my sister she was having a 10lb baby and her son was only 8..

Don't worry yourself too much, there's nothing you can do about it except to make sure that you are doing what you are supposed to, taking your vitamins getting lots of rest and taking care of yourself.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

MrsPilat
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Well that's good you know it's two too many...i'll pray you can quit. 

Quoting stefro87:

well im worried cuz im on bed rest and have to get on the monitors twice a week and take that medication that stops contraction and had to get that shot ..... im tryin to quit smokin but i cant only smoke two a day but still two is two to many

stefro87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM

i have another u/s in a few wks and so worried bout what its gonna say

jajamama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM

doctors make mistakes they dont like to admit they screwed up your due date so they say the baby is small. most of the time the doctors guess your due date by your last period so if your egg was released a little early or a little late their guess on your due date coudl be off by as much as two weeks

CafeMom Tickers
goatmom4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:52 PM

can you u[ your calories alittle   maybe the baby needs alittle more fat  get some whole milk     alittle icecream       Prayers hope everything is ok

NiChOlE06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

just keep remembering your baby is more inportant than smoking. maybe that will help you quit? COME ON MAMA YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT!! :)

i'll pray for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)