Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little worried...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am a little worried. I went my daughter's school this morning for her thanksgiving dinner (lunch) then walked back and forth throughout her school while they took here to show us this and that and it ended up being like a 2 hour thing. When I got there this guy backed into me. Not bad just a little bump and me dented the bumper in a spot. I am worried that I might have pushed it this morning. There is so much pressure in my crotch (tmi) that I can hardly walk. I feel sick to my stomach and came home and laid down for a little bit but could not really get comfortable. Do you think that I should just wait till tomorrow because I have an appointment in the morning or should I call the doctor now. He said that I could have pain or pressure in that area and it be labor when I went in last week and he dosen't think that I will wait until Thanksgiving. I am just worried that I am going to wait too long and have the baby too early.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsPilat
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Call the doctors that's what they are there for : ) also it will ease your mind.

Autumn.Baker
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I feel the same way when I over do it.  Unless you are having contractions I would think you would be ok to wait until in the morning.  Is there a reason for you to not go into labor now?  My daughter was born at 36 weeks and was healthy.  Again unless you are having contractions or your water breaks I think you would be ok until tommorow.

nena_s
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I agree I would call them.

Quoting MrsPilat:

Call the doctors that's what they are there for : ) also it will ease your mind.

Daynara
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I know that it is not really my choice but my son's b-day party is this weekend and I have to have a C-section and do not want him to miss on his day because of the new baby. I am just trying to make them still loved and all that I do not want him to resent the baby because I went into labor and he missed out on his day.

Quoting Autumn.Baker:

I feel the same way when I over do it.  Unless you are having contractions I would think you would be ok to wait until in the morning.  Is there a reason for you to not go into labor now?  My daughter was born at 36 weeks and was healthy.  Again unless you are having contractions or your water breaks I think you would be ok until tommorow.

CafeMom Tickers
proud2bamom240
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

You don't need to wait if the doctor already thinks you will go in labor soon  you need to be seen.

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

If you end up having the baby post pone his party and have a huge one for him AND baby. He will be excited for his little brother or sister!!

doulala
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Calling your doctor doesn't mean you WILL miss anything...    It is good to be reassured.   It might be nothing.   If you're not contracting, it may be nothing at all.

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

doulala, Pregnancy Group Mod

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I would call your dr. just to be safe.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Daynara
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Ok, So I called the doctor and he said not to go to the hospital unless I was contracting or my water broke. He also said that since I have an appointment in the morning that it will be fine. I probably just over did it this morning with everything that I did and then walking everywhere this morning and then getting hit in the car so it is not the best of days but I am feeling better I was just worried and still a little sore. I took a 3 hour nap when I got home also and plan on going to bed here shortly.

CafeMom Tickers
doulala
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM

oh good news.   Good luck!

• We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.                                                                      ~Harm
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.                                                                       ~Einstein
  • To know the way ahead, ask those coming back.  ~Chinese proverb

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)