Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much weight have I gained???

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I am only 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. I was dieting and running before I found out I was pregnant and ranged between 135 and 140 lbs. My prepregnancy weight with my first was 170. SO I was doing really well. Well at my confirmation Appt. I was 141 (4 1/2 weeks pregnant) and today I am 142-143. How much weight have I gained? SHould I count from the 135? If so, then I am WAYYYY over.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

The last time you weighed yourself what were you. Go by the very last time!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

LaceyN1121
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

In my opinion it doesn't matter how much weight you gain during a pregnancy as long as you and the baby are healthy. I am 20 weeks and I lost 14 pounds and before my 15 week appointment I gained that back and then when I weighed myself today I gained about 10 more pounds. And the doctors don't have any concern with that my OB told me that as long as the baby is gaining the weight it needs and I am doing ok then it doesn't matter.

But if you are going to go by the weight charts I would go from 140 I always would go from the highest if you can't remember exactly what the lowest was before you got pregnant

pregnancy calendar
Bren07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM

i would say 1-2 pounds..i always start keeping track of weight from that first appt..so u were 141, and now ur 142-143, so 1-2lbs of weight gain..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Destiny1403
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

ok... I dont know

Mandafers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Please don't be worried about how much weight you are gaining, uless it's like 100 lbs. Right now just focus on keeping you and baby healthy. Do your exercise (with drs approval) and eat sensibly and don't even worry about it. A lot of the "weight gain" during pregnancy is fluid - water retention, extra blood, and etc. Water is heavy! And that will go away so fast after your baby is born.

Don't worry about it!

"Tolerance means I treat you with respect even when we totally disagree. You're a child of God. You're worthy of dignity. We may disagree, but we're going to tolerate each other, and even more than that, we can be friends. You're never going to please everybody. I don't need to agree with somebody in order to love them." - Rick Warren

HMHUTSON
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

None so far... I have lost about 7lbs, but I'm eating like crazy so it must be going to the baby lol

I_love_my_husband.gifI_love_my_daughter.gifPregnancy ticker

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I have NO idea hun, sorry. My midwife was happy w/the fact that I had only gained 1lb in a month and I'm hoping I can keep up w/that, I'd be ecstatic if I didn't gain any weight some months! I was either 185 or 190 before i got pregnant, however going by someone else's suggestion, the last time I weighed myself BEFORE my apt I was 195, so I've only gained 10lbs! Yay!

pregnancy
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I would have started from the 135 mark. I wouldn't worry about it though. It's just a number ;-)

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I would start counting from your first appt since you were only 4.5 weeks. At 4.5 weeks prego you are really only 2-2.5 weeks pregnant, so it's unlikely you would have gained any weight in that short amount of time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)