Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's my job as a woman? piog

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

My husband just informed me, he thinks it's my JOB as a woman to take care of the kids, do the laundry, clean, and cook. NOT JOKING.... IT's MY JOB, and whenever he does any of those things, he's HELPING ME.... because it's MY JOB!!!!

We are both in school full time. But apparently I have TWO JOBS and he just has one that is school. and I should FEEL GRATEFUL that he helps me!

WHERE DID THIS COME FROM!!!! We've been together for a year and a half. We have 4 kids!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!!

I told him how rude and disrespectful it was, but he just kept say "why, that's the way it is!"

I told him, "maybe that's how his dad treated HIS mom: in which case his dad is a jerk, but that's NOT the way LIFE works!"

I'm livid!!!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

That is TERRIBLE!!! I can't believe that (a) he believes that and (b) he told you that WHILE you're pregnant.. I mean it's terrible to say at any point but why would you tell a pregnant woman that?? Are you trying to get a rise out of her?

pregnancy
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM

yea my husband's family is the same way where the wife does everything....so naturally my husband falls into that path.  i tell him that we do not have his parents marraige...and if we did...i wouldnt be the wife and he should go out and find a new one then.  i told him he knows im a strong  woman before we were even married, so suck it up like a man.  he has actually been great but it takes a few reminders every now and then!  :)  i stay at home with the kids right now, but i remind him that he can stay home and i can go to work (plus make more money than him!).

hope your husband learns!  i know alot of marraiges and relationships where the wife does that all, and she doesnt like it but just puts up with it....dont understand... 

proud2bamom240
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Thats a man's way of trying to get himself from having to do what he doesn't want to. Some men think being the woman push out the kids it's their responsibility to take care of them. Remind him that it takes two to make a baby and as for the house work he lives in the house just as well as you do. Or try my method, I cleaned my clothes and cleaned up after mysel and the baby but not him when he didn't have clean clothes he learned his lesson.

stellarluna
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I think that when you talk to him that you need to use the "team" method--that you both live in the same house, made these kids together, and want to be a team in this.  That means if you see something that needs to be done, you just do it.  If you see the other struggling, you step in.  My dh definitely saw things my way when I took this approach!  Ok, maybe it took 12 talks about this, but it did eventually sink in!  My dh never said that out loud, but it definitely seemed like when he got home, he felt it was his time to relax and not do anything... haha!  yeah right!  Things are worlds better now, you just have to communicate your feelings effectively.  It's pretty tricky to get a man to listen to you sometimes!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

sissychristi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Wow! How completely disrespectful.

For a while, both my SO and I were working full-time but I was also going to school full time, plus I coordinate our town's annual festival that hosts 35,000 people. Since I had more on my plate, SO stepped up and took care of almost everything in the house.

Now I do not work, do not go to school but still plan the festival. Now, I agree it is my job to take care of everything in the house, but only because he still works 40-50 hours a week.

I agree that if he steps in and does something, he is helping me out. But that is only because I do not work or go to school anymore. I am a SAHM so it is my job, but not because I am a woman! If SO was a SAHD and I worked full time, this house would be his job.

Next time he is in the mood for sex simply tell him that you used up your vagina today doing the laundry and don't have any left for sex, seeming how it takes vagina to do housework.

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM

hahaha, that was too funny! I feel the same WAY! If I was a SAHM I would think it WAS my JOB! But we are both in school the same amount: all day! so I just don't get it!

Quoting sissychristi:

Wow! How completely disrespectful.

For a while, both my SO and I were working full-time but I was also going to school full time, plus I coordinate our town's annual festival that hosts 35,000 people. Since I had more on my plate, SO stepped up and took care of almost everything in the house.

Now I do not work, do not go to school but still plan the festival. Now, I agree it is my job to take care of everything in the house, but only because he still works 40-50 hours a week.

I agree that if he steps in and does something, he is helping me out. But that is only because I do not work or go to school anymore. I am a SAHM so it is my job, but not because I am a woman! If SO was a SAHD and I worked full time, this house would be his job.

Next time he is in the mood for sex simply tell him that you used up your vagina today doing the laundry and don't have any left for sex, seeming how it takes vagina to do housework.

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:55 PM

boy, your hubby is on a roll today huh!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots Join us in the Pregnancy Group Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

flyfree55
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

kick his @$$ or hold sex from him both are good. id kill my ex if he had said that to me

orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Yeah.... not really.... hehehehe.... today has probably been one of the worse days ever!

Quoting housefullofkidz:

boy, your hubby is on a roll today huh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)