Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do for acid reflux?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone know what I can do or take to help alleviate acid reflux? It is getting really bad today, usually I just put up with it but today it's making me sick. I have pepcid at home is that ok to take?  I am 26 wks pregnant.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
megbarr
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM

You can take Pepcid Ac, but not the D whatever kind. Also Tums are a good quick fix. But it doesn't usually last as long. With my first baby, I had to take pepcid. Also if it is too bad, the doctor can give you a prescription for something that you can take that works really well.

jeeniegurl03
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM

With my last 2 pregnancies I carried a bottle of mylanta around with me everywhere. It was horrible! I'm sure if it gets bad during this pregnancy I will sure have that bottle in my hand.  

mewmew
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:21 AM

before I was put on a prescription my OB had me taking 150mgs of Zantac 2x/day w/liquid Mylanta inbetween as needed;  now I'm on Prilosec 40mgs

TaysMom041908
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I take zantac and that helps A LOT I have acid reflux really bad without pregnancy and the pregnancy makes it unbearable. But The Zantac 150 works really well you can get it OTC or as a prescription.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

pregnancy week by week

wedding ticker

CrystalB3
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Pepcid or Zantac work great.  i was on 300mg zantac 2x a day but i moved out of state and my new dr switched me to pepcid. Some days are worse and I take tums in between.  I'm not sure what was in it but when I was in the hospital with my twins every morning they would mix up what they call a GI cocktail, it was AMAZING and if i knew what was in it i would mix it up at home!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)