Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

labor question

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

can early labor start out as feeling "period-like" cramps, nausea, and lower back pain? b/c i have been feeling this for the past 45 minutes.

Samantha,Brenna, and baby Zaiden on the way

pregnant bellyits a boytoddler girl

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
krysta33
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM

when i was pregnant with my first baby i had lower back pain and mild cramping that felt like the start of my period...well as it started to get worse i figured it was poop cramps and didnt even put 2 and 2 together that it was mild contractions...within 8 hours i was 3cm dialated..if the feeling keeps increasing it couldnt hurt to be seen...thats what our doctors get paid for! good luck!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

krysta33
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM

also im 30 days til my due date and ive been feeling exactly what you described plus the loss of my mucus plug...i cant wait to get this baby outta me!

DoulaAngie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Yep, If you are within your due date time. Those can be the first signs of early labor. Don't watch the clock. Find some things to do to pass the time. When you get to the point of starting to notice that you have to focus on your breathing to make it through the contractions or The  4 4 1 rule. Contractions coming every 4 mins for 45 sec or longer for at least one hr. May be a good time to go get checked. Other signs are of bloody show, Contractions getting stronger and more regular and increase in frequencey over time. Keep us posted.

jbanks809
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

thats exactly how it started with my DH & now im feeling the same thing at 38 weeks with my son, plus ive been having contractions for 2 days now, he will be here soon

boydsgirls2008
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM

now i am starting to have some contractions.  i dont want to call my dr yet bc they are 5 min apart then 10 then 7 and so on, but i am still having the cramping, and earlier today i was at a gf's house and told her i thought i lost part of my plug. i didnt lose it with dd  until i was at the hospital so i didnt know what it should look like

Samantha,Brenna, and baby Zaiden on the way

pregnant bellyits a boytoddler girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)