Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placenta previa..

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

I went to the doc today and he told me I had placenta previa but it should be ok since I am still fairly early on in my pregnancy. But I was wondering if this condition peristed for anyone and what if any problems they had with it. He also told me that I cannot have sex at least until my next appt. What can you tell me about this..those who've gone through it..thanks.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AmeliaClaire
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I'm not going to be able to be much help but I am going through something similar.  I am 18 weeks pregnant.  My placenta also has not "moved" yet.  They told me that if it doesn't by the time I'm full term that it will be an immediate scheduled c-section.  My doctor also told me no sex until the next ultrasound.  In addition they said no heavy lifting, make sure and do light walks, stretching, urinate frequently, and don't stay sitting for very long periods of time.  I don't know if any of your advice is the same but the advice seemed rather harmless if you wanted to use any of it and see if it might help.  The important thing is, they told me at this early stage NOT to worry, just that they needed to watch it! 

tel4him
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM

My doctor didn't say the words "placenta previa", but she did say at my last u/s that the placenta is low and could be covering the cervix.  I've had some light spotting.  The last case of spotting the doctor said no sex for a week and no heavy lifting.  I'm hoping and praying that it will have moved before my next u/s at 20 weeks.

Theresa, proud homeschooling mom to Ellie, age 7, Ian, age 6, and...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)