Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placenta previa

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

I went to the doc today and he told me I had placenta previa but it should be ok since I am still fairly early on in my pregnancy. But I was wondering if this condition peristed for anyone and what if any problems they had with it. He also told me that I cannot have sex at least until my next appt. What can you tell me about this..those who've gone through it..thanks.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bren07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM

http://www.babycenter.com/0_placenta-previa_830.bc

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/placenta-previa/DS00588

i have not had this problem but decided that i would google some stuff for u to read..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

GoldenBaby
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Thank you sweetie

PaulDaniel
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I had it with my DS and it was never detected, sadly I delivered at 26 weeks due to it. Good luck, and keep us all updated on the pregnancy!!!

GoldenBaby
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear that but look at him now..he's beautiful

Quoting PaulDaniel:

I had it with my DS and it was never detected, sadly I delivered at 26 weeks due to it. Good luck, and keep us all updated on the pregnancy!!!

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Well I had it too, I found out at 19 weeks...it wasnt complete placenta previa though, only partial. So I had anohter US at 28 weeks. It had moved, so you you should have plenty of time. I now have to worry about my baby moving head down cause she was transverse. So I may still end up having a c-section. They told me we have plenty of tiime for her to move.

You are only 16 weeks so you  should be ok....Good luck = )

3n2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM
I had it with one pregnancy, it resolved itself and never caused any complications. I was put on bedrest and no sex until the dr saw that it had moved! Good luck, I wouldn't stress too much yet, its still early and has lots of time to still move.
sissychristi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Most of them move on their own before labor begins. It is only a rare occasion where it causes early labor or requires a c-section. It is very common for women to have a previa which is why you hear about it a lot, but it moves in almost all cases so it isn't a huge concern.

Some obs want to automatically schedule a c-section 1-2 weeks before the due date as soon as any previa is detected, without scheduling follow-up ultrasounds to see if it has moved. Do not let your doctor do this! Keep following up with the ultrasounds and I'm sure you will be fine.

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)