Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHERE do you feel the baby move for the first time?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

All I hear is about when, and how it feels. But what I want to know, is it up closer to the belly button or down closer to your hair line? Or is it like everyother thing and differs from mom to mom. I don't really like that things differ from mom to mom, it makes it frustrating. sigh. So, where do/did you feel the baby move for the first time?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bren07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:40 PM

it differs from mom to mom..lol..but i felt mine by like my panty line which for me is like half way between my hair line and my belly button..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

KendraCay
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM

and it could be on either side right? or right inthe middle? again the differing? I just want to see if it can be anywhere.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers

cdnmom24
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Same for me and it was in the middle. I just felt it today and I am 13 weeks 3 days.

Quoting Bren07:

it differs from mom to mom..lol..but i felt mine by like my panty line which for me is like half way between my hair line and my belly button..

haymamma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:46 PM

You can feel it pretty much anywhere  the baby could be. Usually somewhere between your belly button and your hair line. It could be a few inches to either side of your belly button depending on how far along you are. 

The first time I felt it, I wasn't sure, but you get more used to it and get better at distinguishing between baby and gas. haha! the baby also gets stronger, so that helps too!

flyfree55
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM

i felt mine lower but some feel it on one side or the other. its personal based on where your baby is

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:52 AM

With my daughter i didn't feel her until i was 15 weeks and it was a flutter and it was right below my belly button. This time I swear i felt the baby yesterday but only the flutters and it was way down low to my side.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

NordicAngel
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

With DS I felt it at 15 weeks right in the center around my panty line.  It felt like a really soft fluttering, like a butterly inside my belly.  Once you feel it, I don't think there's any mistaking it.  It's completely amazing!

NordicAngel

CafeMom Tickers
annaviaclovsky
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM

This post disappointed me! :( I am 14 weeks and still have not felt my little bean. I can't wait to feel it movin' around in there. UGH. Well maybe I will feel him/her soon enough.

CafeMom Tickers

cw78
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I got my first flutters about 10-11 weeks with this one and low left side, but this may be cause I have a tilted uterus :) I love the flutters 

Carey                                  Hoping for a girl this time :)

Faithers
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

With DS I didnt have any fluttering or anything. I was so dissappointed until I was about 20 weeks or so and felt him kick the crap out of me on my left side.    haha  Im pregnant now with #2 and my first appointment is on Monday so I'm not sure how far along I am. I have though already felt fluttering even before I knew I was pregnant.  It was right around my panty line/hair line. It felt funny and took a few days to really realize what it was.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)