Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone prescribed Diflucan/fluconazole 150mg for yeast infection?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am 37 weeks pregnant and have a yeast infection, ob prescribed Diflucan, and said it was safe but being that I Overanalyze Everything I had to just get imput! (I would try the OTC stuff but it doesn't work for me, that's why she prescribed an oral remedy)

toddler girl  expecting girlits a girl

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
triciamarie73
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:24 AM

I am in the same boat 37 weeks with a yeast infection only my OB would not prescribe me Diflucan! I just finished my 7th day on Monistat and I woke up feeling like I still have it! UGH! She said it was not safe to take the  Diflucan while pregnant ....I think she said it was a class C drug. I googled it and there is a ton of info but mostly saying yeast infections are difficult to treat during pregnancy. Great!

If your OB prescribed it then go with it I guess, I'm sure they deal with yeast infections quite often and have had no bad experiences. I dunno it is so confusing - yeast infections suck :p

seddon151
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:33 AM

I have had like 4 yeast infections during this pregnancy. At the very beginning I was prescribed a cream. After that, I just used CVS's equivelant to Monistat. My Dr. told me to use the monistat (store brand is fine) and if it didn't work she would prescribe me the cream, but absolutely not the oral medication.

mommacat
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM

No the oral isn't safe for pregnancy. I'm prone to yeast infections anyway and during pregnancy I get them alot but she won't prescribe the oral. Check out the site www.safefetus.com and they give you the classification of drugs an whether they are safe or not.

Cathypregnant belly

mom-of-autistic
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I have taken diflucan and the cream.  They both have worked fine for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)