Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

28 weeks and baby has dropped

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

was wondering if i should be worried, this is my first pregnancy and im only 28 weeks and the baby has dropped already. i have heard that you normally drop 2-4 weeks before deliver, should i be worried. ok thanks for the help but now i have another question this is my first and im not really sure what to expect a contraction to even feel like, i have been having some weird feelings, cant tell exactly what they are though any ideas on how to tell a contraction

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thesphinx1989
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Most first timers, I was told with my first, drop anywhere from the 6th month to the last minute. My first dropped at 26 weeks and he was 3 days late and had to be induced. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you just can't help but worry you can ask your doctor or midwife.

candicefield
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I also dropped around 27-28 weeks with my daughter but I was also having irregular contractions. When I got checked out I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I was in the hospital for a few weeks then on bed rest at home until I delivered at exactly 37 weeks. If you go through any phases where you think you could be going into labor then just get checked out. If you have no consistent or painful contractions then I wouldnt worry too much.

ashleywilkerson
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM

i an 28wks with my second and have started to drop.

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

i am a formula feeding, disposable diapering, gental disipline, vaxing, stay at home mom!
ashleykilleen
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM

the same happened with my first baby,he was early but it didnt have anything to do with him dropping.

I am also 28 weeks and this baby has dropped too.

i wouldnt worrie too much!! 

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)