Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop gaining weight?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and I went to the doctor today and he told me that I should try to not gain anymore weight. I have gained about 45lbs. so far since I have been pregnant but I only started out at 105. He said not to go on any crazy diets or anything but try not to put on weight. How do I do that? I haven't been trying to gain weight at all, it just happens. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone else been recommended to stop gaining weight?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Just eat healthy.  And if you already do that, keep doing what you're doing.  I gained 69 pounds with my first and the doc never said a word. 

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 1:55 AM

i think you are fine. I gained 60-70 with my first and that was after I lost 50 lbs. This time I have only gained 10 and idk why considering I havent changed how I eat or have morning sickness like I did with the first but most of it usually is water retention.

Pregnancy ticker

Happily Married since October 12, 2006

I am a pro-life, anti-gun, anti-war, pro-spanking, pro-CIO,pro-circumcision, bi-sexual but monogamous, emergency & planned c-section, pro-cosleeping, breastfeeding, anti-cloth diaper, depression battling, anxiety battling, stay at home, online schooling, redheaded, opinionated mommy! If you don't like it, click your damn heels together, say "i need a life" and get over it!

by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I think the reason why they said that is because they typically want you to gain 25 pounds in a pregnancy of one baby.  I know lots of people though that have far exceeded that. If you are eating good and you are active for the most part...then you should be ok and that once your baby comes you should be able to bounce back pretty well. 

by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Im at 30 lbs & Im only 34 weeks.  I gained 5lbs in 2 weeks!!!  So Im going to try really hard not to gain a whole lot more weight.............Im going to cut out my candy intake completely.  (Ive been craving/eating a ton of candy  And eat more fruits/veggies.  So I think that will help alot.

by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I'm up to 35 lbs at 32 weeks and my doctor mentioned a few months ago that I was gaining too much weight, but I say screw it. I gained 40 with DD and lost half of that after delivery. This time I'm definately going to gain 50 at least. I also have not changed the way I eat since becoming pregnant and I really don't know where all the weight could be besides by stomach. My butt grew a bit, but not dramatically and everything else is the same. This baby is going to be a hefty one and that's okay with me; at least I know he's going to be healthy.

CafeMom Tickers
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2009 at 12:07 PM

i started out @ 100 lbs and i weigh 140 now my weight  just keeps going up my doc never told me to stop gaining wieght but idk i guess different docs have different opinions   the nurses @ my ob office have told me my weight is ok i figure that in  2 months i'll weigh at least 170-180 lbs come january

by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I actually lost 10 pounds while I was pregnant.

It was by NO means intentional, I just started craving vegetables. I could NOT get enough. I started out heavy, so my doctor was perfectly happy with me gaining up to 20-ish, but I just didn't end up having it happen.

Eat healthy -- veggies, fruits, basic proteins. You'll be fine, momma. You're almost there!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group
maybebaby15,  Pregnancy Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)