Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Accedental induction by sex

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:47 AM
  • 14 Replies

I know this is a little personal but has anyone accedentally induced themselves with sex?

I did with my daughter and it caused her to be almost a week early. My contractions started about 20 minutes after my DH and I got finished. They even started out 3-5 minutes apart and lasted about a minute each.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefro87
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:52 AM

i freaked out one time cause i felt like i was haveing contractions after we had sex it hurt really bad and i stood up and there was so much pressure so i was up all night scared i was gonna go into labor i didnt have sex for a week ...... cant go longer than that lol

Quoting thesphinx1989:

I know this is a little personal but has anyone accedentally induced themselves with sex?

I did with my daughter and it caused her to be almost a week early. My contractions started about 20 minutes after my DH and I got finished. They even started out 3-5 minutes apart and lasted about a minute each.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

jbanks809
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:53 AM

i wish it would happen like that for me. i'm almost 39 weeks & have been contracting since 36 & have tried everything to get this baby out, & to top it off i had a u/s at 36 & the baby was already 8lbs, so if sex actually worked for me it would be nice.

abstractmommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Ditto! We've been having sex every night...nothing.

Quoting jbanks809:

i wish it would happen like that for me. i'm almost 39 weeks & have been contracting since 36 & have tried everything to get this baby out, & to top it off i had a u/s at 36 & the baby was already 8lbs, so if sex actually worked for me it would be nice.

CafeMom Tickers
desertwannab
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:02 AM

you're body was probably already ready, or close to it!  It was like that for me as well, except it wasn't within minutes, but within a few hours!   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:22 AM

I agree :-)

Quoting desertwannab:

you're body was probably already ready, or close to it!  It was like that for me as well, except it wasn't within minutes, but within a few hours!   

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

monkeymomkristi
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Yep.  Contractions started two hours afterwards, our little guy was born later that day, a full month early.  He was pretty big for being that early - 6lbs 15oz.  He was in the hospital on oxygen for a week because his lungs weren't mature.  For that reason I felt really guilty, but I'm also a little glad that I didn't go to 40 weeks . . . he would have been a big boy!!

shellszee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:38 AM

One thing for sure is semen certainly does cause contractions! However, for me it doesn't help with induction and I avoid it to avoid the pain!

MamaJen74
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Sounds like your body/baby were ready to go mama.  Sex won't "induce" you in a normal, healthy pregnancy unless it really is time anyway.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:27 AM

There is  a reason we call the "EDD" (Estimated Due Date) that falls within the 4-week due period (38-42 weeks)  an estimate.   Based on the average for when women deliver, the EDD, is only a guestimate, no one should expect that to be "It."    That wouldn't be fair to mom, baby, anyone!   ;-)

If you had sex at 39 weeks and it coaxed your body into labor then it looks like your body was already about to go into labor.   The hormones from sex merely pushed you over the edge as you'd been teetering on the brink anyway.

When someone is trying it and it's not working, her body isn't yet ready for the nudge of extra hormones.   (Same with other home remedies.)
;-)

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

doulala, Pregnancy Group Mod

doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:30 AM

It does work/help for many moms, it probably would for you, too, if the timing were right-on.   Since it's not helping anything your body is just not there yet.   That is fine~ even great!   Because it means you have a body working to protect your baby (who is also saying:  "I am not ready to come yet, mommy.")   

Your body and baby will be ready~    when it's Time, you'll know (aka Labor!).           :-)

Quoting abstractmommy:

Ditto! We've been having sex every night...nothing.

Quoting jbanks809:

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)