Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about two middle names

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:13 AM
  • 4 Replies

ive sooooo badly wanted to name my baby after my step father, Michael Trent. if a girl i wanted the name Trinity Michaela. and for a boy I wanted Trenton Michael. Once we found out we are having a boy, I didnt feel like the name Trenton fit. after a lot of thinking SO and I considered the name Michael Thomas. Thomas being my SOs middle name. but after a while i was hearing the name Michael SOOOOO much I couldnt stand it anymore as a first name, and dont like the name Thomas enough to use Thomas Michael! anyways we have decided on the name Rylan Thomas but Im still not satisfied. I want my dads name in there somehow! Im thinking of Rylan Michael Thomas but thats kind of a mouth full, isnt it?

also i see a lot of people who use two middle names use a -. When are those appropriate? (not that im thinking of using one. i think the name looks long enough as it is without one. im just curious.)

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thangelbabybug
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:16 AM

My sons name is Logan Matthew Brian. Matthew because its my husbands middle name and Brian because it was my dads middle name. I didn't have a - in it.  And i like the name Rylan Michael Thomas :)

babytugz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:11 AM

i like the name its different and sounds good all together. i have two girls with two middle names and all 4 of my neices do too. and no - in any of them .its all up to you but i use them all cause they sound good and look good togther.

My 8 yr old daughter donated to

RylanEMS
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:48 AM

we were gonna name out son Rylan Michael! So, I think it's a wonderful name. We're naming him August Michael now. Yes, Michael is a common name but the names runs in the fathers family.

CafeMom Tickers
BigMamaHeidi
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I dont yet know the gender of my unborn, but if I have a boy, his name will be Thomas Danger Durst (+ last name). I'd love to have a son who can flirt with the ladies and say "Danger is my middle name!"---and mean it. LOL I have a deep attachment to the name Thomas, and Durst is my maiden name...my 5-year old son also has the middle name "Durst". I dont worry about the mouth-full name my son would get, cause its a good name.

Quoting miss_hughes:

ive sooooo badly wanted to name my baby after my step father, Michael Trent. if a girl i wanted the name Trinity Michaela. and for a boy I wanted Trenton Michael. Once we found out we are having a boy, I didnt feel like the name Trenton fit. after a lot of thinking SO and I considered the name Michael Thomas. Thomas being my SOs middle name. but after a while i was hearing the name Michael SOOOOO much I couldnt stand it anymore as a first name, and dont like the name Thomas enough to use Thomas Michael! anyways we have decided on the name Rylan Thomas but Im still not satisfied. I want my dads name in there somehow! Im thinking of Rylan Michael Thomas but thats kind of a mouth full, isnt it?

also i see a lot of people who use two middle names use a -. When are those appropriate? (not that im thinking of using one. i think the name looks long enough as it is without one. im just curious.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)