Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI!!! Gas HURTS!!! Any suggestions??!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am obviously trying to avoid anything that is making me gassy, but I can't figure it ALL out and man when I get gas, it hurts so bad I have to cringe. I hate that! I mean, to top it off, this whole 10 weeks so far I have been sick as ever, now gas pains are debilitating! This is my second, so I know what pregnancy feels like, and I didn't have gas pains THIS bad last time until WAY later in the pregnancy! Any suggestions?!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
danielsmommy2b
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I would love to know as well. I am about 5 weeks 3 days and have had horrible gas for nearly a week on and off. My stomach hurts, I relieve myself, then I bloat back up again. It's been awful, even my hubby is grossed out, lol! I'm curious as well!

sjump25
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Ok I am DYING right now due to this.  I need suggestions too.  Anyone?!?!  HELP!

CafeMom Tickers
acissejessica
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I know right?! No help?"?@!

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Me too. Im standing at the kitchen counter and i can literally feel the gas moving through my stomach and its not a good feeling!

CafeMom Tickers
3stinkyboys
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:27 AM

My doc told me w/ my last preg that GasX was safe to take durin preg and it helped SO MUCH! HTH :)

cjfletcherof4
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Im not trying to worry you all but however. with my second child i thought i was going to die from the "gas" pain it helped if i walked around and it would come and go.  However i found out that it wasnt gas after i gave birth i had gallstones.  Just inquire about it at your next visit.  It happens alot and it does feel like gas cramps. 

Does it happen after you eat spicy or fried food, even spaghetti and mac and cheese would send me into a attack.

acissejessica
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I have had to cut out dairy all together thats how bad it is! I cant eat fried food or anything. All I am eating is salad, friut and veggies

Quoting cjfletcherof4:

Im not trying to worry you all but however. with my second child i thought i was going to die from the "gas" pain it helped if i walked around and it would come and go.  However i found out that it wasnt gas after i gave birth i had gallstones.  Just inquire about it at your next visit.  It happens alot and it does feel like gas cramps. 

Does it happen after you eat spicy or fried food, even spaghetti and mac and cheese would send me into a attack.

Wishing2BMommy
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Remember, some veggies can give you gas.  My dr.  told me to get on my hands and knees like you're in the doggy position ( I know, tmi)  and just rock forward and backward.  I had the worst gas the other day and couldn't move I was in so much pain.  I got on my bed (so it'd be easier on my knees) and did it for like 20 min. because it became comfortable.  Then I got up and went to sit in the living room.  I sat there for about 10 min. and out of no where I released more gas then I ever have.  My husband couldn't stop laughing.  Hope it works!!!

Quoting acissejessica:

I have had to cut out dairy all together thats how bad it is! I cant eat fried food or anything. All I am eating is salad, friut and veggies

Quoting cjfletcherof4:

CafeMom Tickers
acissejessica
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM

thats really funny, thank you :)

Quoting Wishing2BMommy:

Remember, some veggies can give you gas.  My dr.  told me to get on my hands and knees like you're in the doggy position ( I know, tmi)  and just rock forward and backward.  I had the worst gas the other day and couldn't move I was in so much pain.  I got on my bed (so it'd be easier on my knees) and did it for like 20 min. because it became comfortable.  Then I got up and went to sit in the living room.  I sat there for about 10 min. and out of no where I released more gas then I ever have.  My husband couldn't stop laughing.  Hope it works!!!

Quoting acissejessica:

Quoting cjfletcherof4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)