Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HEALTHY FOOOOD

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 AM
  • 9 Replies

I don't know why, not that I am THAT Unhealthy normally, but both of my pregnancies ALL I want is HEALTHY food. THAT is my strange craving! Isn't that so wierd? I mean aside from wanting hard boiled eggs on my salad, ALL I want is SALAD and veggies and EVEN friend, not to say I dont usually eat fruit, but I am craving fruit I dont usually like like apples... I HATE apples! But I have been eating them like crazy! Isnt that so wierd?! people tell me its my bodys way of telling me what it needs, but other people say that is a load of bologna! WHat do you think? Do you crave healthy food?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sjump25
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Last night I had a huge craving for raw broccoli and cauliflower dipped in ranch.  Unfortunetly I didn't have any of that because that isn't something I usually buy.  I thought that was a strange craving.  I would be thrilled if all I craved was healthy food!  With my first pregnancy I craved ice cream ALL the time and I fulfilled that craving all the time.  That being the reason I gained 60 pounds!!

veganimal
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Im usually a health food freak lol. I make all of my meals from scratch and everything, but both of my pregnancies i crave JUNK FOOD. The greasier the better. i hate it. I do crave fruit still though, but i have always loved fruit.

trewlove
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 2:53 AM

I think its great that you crave healthy food and I would guess the key to that is what you mentioned first, that you are pretty healthy in the first place. I think that cravings happen for a reason. I think people who crave junk have crossed signals. Ice cream for example is a craving for fat and protein and sugar, which could be just as easily filled with milk and cheese and some fruit. I think this because I found that even when not pregnant, the more I eat fruit, the less I crave sugar, desserts, and processed sugar. So if you take the thing you crave, figure out what component in it you are actually craving and eat a healthy version of it, you will end your craving.

For example if you crave something salty like chips, nacho cheese, or whatever, eat something healthy that salt in it like soup, salted raw almonds, or some veggies with a little sea salt.

Being pregnant you need much more fat and protein and even simple sugar for energy, than you would otherwise, so eating more is okay and cravings should be listened to, but make healthy choices to satisfy all of that... with a little treat thrown in now and then ;-)

Mamie_85
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM

The only thing that won't make me sick really is salad and fruit. mmmm..actually, i want a salad with ranch now ..yummy..

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

LRMommyof2
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I was super healthy with both my daughters all i wanted was fruit..ORANGES!!! WATERMELLON.. and salads.. I ate a salad everday.   This time around I have lost my cravings lately ... maybe cause I am queezy but in the begining i didnt nothing but eat hot peppers.. and salads.  now i am doing weird stuff... like the other night i made french fries squeezed a lemon on them and dipped them in tarter sauce... weird.. i know.   I never really crave too much junk.. i always feel so yucky I think the fruits and veggies are refreshing thats why i want them.   MAYBE ITS A GIRL!!

JsunkissedB
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM

i crave salads alot and friut i think its because i dont drink enough water so my bodys trying to get it from somewhere

Mandra8
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:56 PM

In my first pregnancy I couldn't even look at a vegetable through my 4th month. This time I'm craving salads and especially onions! It's so weird the things that our bodies crave!

trippsgirl
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I haven't been craving anything yet, so no healthy food cravings.  BUT, I have noticed that I can't do sweets like I used to.  We made cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning and I could barely finish one because it was too sweet.

A friend of mine craved fresh fruit during her pregnancy.  She would come into work with a tupperware bowl full of watermellon or cantelope and eat the whole thing.

CafeMom Tickers
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM

lol sounds like my last pregnancy! I ate salads and fresh fruit and veggies all day everyday and i still gained over 100lbs!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/drmfreemama   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)