Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i say it???......

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

out of curiosity what would be the best way to tell someone that you do not want them there when you give birth? a nice way.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM

"Hubby and I would like privacy so that we can enjoy our special time to ourselves."

"We are only allowed X guests and it was decided to be Y and Z's turn."

Don't call them until after the delivery.   "It was so fast, oops!"

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM

It would depend on who it was.. For a mother: I have NO idea b/c I had been contemplating that one until my mom told me that she probably won't be here by the time I'm in labor.. And for anyone else, they don't have a problem w/not being in there. They're good w/waiting in the waiting room.

stellarluna
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I might just say that the hospital won't allow it just to keep from making it sound really personal.   Assuming you are having a hospital birth. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

housefullofkidz

That is tough!  My mom is sooo annoying when I am in labor.  1 birth she was singing country songs about being a wishy washy girl because I would tell my husband to massage me then to get away from me. LOL! Another birth she was taking pictures but couldn't figure out how to work my camera. I was delivering my own baby, my hands were on his head and she kept trying to get me to grab the camera and show her how to use it.  Being tactful but direct can be so hard.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

desertwannab

Well... it depends on the circumstance... for example...

If you only plan on you and your husband ... then just let them know that you and your husband are wanting it to be a private moment for just you guys to experience and that people are welcome shortly after.

If you plan on having others... then let them know that they may be restricting the # of people in the room with you and you already have your maximum???

I dont know ha ha...

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM

i always told everyone that giving birth is a personal PRIVATE moment and i only wanted me and my hubby. And if they didn't like that too bad!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

mama_of_3_bbies
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM

just tell them that u would only like a few people there and they can come after the baby is born. there  is only going to be two people at my delivery of my son and thats my husband and my mom. unless my big sister can get off work. and everyone knows that i dont want no more than them three there.

its a boyboy n girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)