Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tummy tub... Watcha think?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 18 Replies

http://www.nosugaraddedshop.com/store.cgi?p=TummyTub&s=11

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Nah. Especially when they're newborns and their heads are floppy. I'll stick to my old traditional baby tub.

Randi02
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM

They are AMAZING for colic.

Babies are used to being in a warm, scrunched up environment and those tubs provide that comfort for them. The plastic is more flexible than a regular bucket and the water stays warm.

I haven't used one for my kids, but my best friend used hers for the first couple months of her sons life. It was a lifesaver!

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

That is good that it's more flexible. I haven't seen one in person.

I agree with the PP about the floppy head though.

Quoting Randi02:

They are AMAZING for colic.

Babies are used to being in a warm, scrunched up environment and those tubs provide that comfort for them. The plastic is more flexible than a regular bucket and the water stays warm.

I haven't used one for my kids, but my best friend used hers for the first couple months of her sons life. It was a lifesaver!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

sweetpeaberry42
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I saw this on a show and they said that kids loved it because it was similar to the womb...I think it's strange :)

CafeMom Tickers

Cynthje
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

My sister had one and her babies loved it, the babies looked a lot more comfortable than they do in a traditional tub. Personally i have always showered with my babies but if i did baths i think i would buy a tummy tub instead of a traditional one.

Throughout the world, there exists a group of women who feel mightily drawn to giving care to women in childbirth. At the same time maternal and independent, responsive to a mother's needs, yet accepting full responsibility as her attendant; such women are natural midwives. Without the presence and acceptance of the midwife, obstetrics becomes aggressive, technical, and inhuman.

Professor G.J. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Kids do love the darndest things. Cardboard boxes are always at the top of their list :-)

Quoting sweetpeaberry42:

I saw this on a show and they said that kids loved it because it was similar to the womb...I think it's strange :)

Mena929
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

It looks so weird, but if it works GO FOR IT!!

Des10ed2b

hmmm....im not sure how i feel about it. i havent found anything yet i trust with a newborn. i just had to stick my kids in the tub with me and lay them on my chest to wash them when they were newborns.

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

desertwannab

It kinda freaks me out to be honest.  For some reason it just makes me nervous.  I'm sure if I have a baby with collic I would try it, but if not, I will probably skip this one.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I think it looks odd and will just stick w/the tub, it'll be easier when it comes time to switch from newborn/infant tub to the regular tub.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)