Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

double strollers?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 17 Replies

my dd will be 2yrs and 3months when baby is born.

kinda wondering if i should invest in a double stroller for them.....i know if he is in one and she cant be she will get mad...

and also if i should sell our single strollers??

what was best for you and your kiddos and what were their ages?

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM

We bought a double, but my kids were only 16 months apart.

A 2 year old should be able to walk with you for the most part. I used it for longer trips, but mostly my toddler walked or rode in a single stroller and I wore the baby in a wrap or sling. That way I only had one child to worry about. The baby would sleep and when she woke up, I could nurse her without having to find a spot to sit down etc. and it made things much easier! For grocery or mall shopping, I put a cart cover in the shopping cart and my toddler sat in there while I wore my baby.

We spent over $300 on an awesome double stroller that we maybe used for a couple zoo, museum trips or hikes.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

MrsPilat
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM

My dd was 21 months when her little brother was born and I absolutely love my double stroller.....I used it all summer and will most likely use it next summer as well. I did keep my single stroller bc there have been times where i've just taken my 6month old out and I did not want to bring my SUV of a stroller out LOL ...it's HUGE. They have a bunch of different strollers so I would suggest going to babies r us and testing them out.... I did about 3 times before I decided on one. I got the kolcraft contours double stroller...I believe it's called.

wifey26
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Hey there, my son Ryker will be 2yrs and 6mths old when his little brother will be born on March 22, 2009. I never thought that I would be considering a double stroller because they are so big... but I really think that we will invest in one because it would be very difficult to hold a two and half yearolds hand while pushing a stroller or trying to push 2 strollers at once when I am out by my self which will be pretty often.... my husband works anywhere from 50-80 hours a week. So I am about 90 percent sure that I will be buying  a double stroller!!! I like the JEEP double strollers there are so cute plus they have toys and storage attached!!!! Hope this helps!

CafeMom Tickers
MicelG
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I have a Phil and Teds sport buggy, which is a single stroller that has a seat that attaches to it, making it a double. I absolutely love it! It is pricey, but to me well worth it. I like how it's all terrain, that's very important to me, and not bulky. I can manuever through the clothing aisles, etc at stores as I would a single stroller. If it's in your budget, I highly recommend it.

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM

thats what i was thinking....my dd always wants to be carried or by us....and im thinking even if i get the sit and stand she will be jealous she isnt by her brother.

i have the single jeep jogging stroller and we LOVE it! jeep does make very good strollers :)

Quoting wifey26:

Hey there, my son Ryker will be 2yrs and 6mths old when his little brother will be born on March 22, 2009. I never thought that I would be considering a double stroller because they are so big... but I really think that we will invest in one because it would be very difficult to hold a two and half yearolds hand while pushing a stroller or trying to push 2 strollers at once when I am out by my self which will be pretty often.... my husband works anywhere from 50-80 hours a week. So I am about 90 percent sure that I will be buying  a double stroller!!! I like the JEEP double strollers there are so cute plus they have toys and storage attached!!!! Hope this helps!

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:47 PM

i'm getting the baby trend sit and stand stroller. my daughter will be 25 months old when this baby is born so this will be perfect

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

2brats1chkymnky
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM

My son is 3 but I will still be getting a double stroller. I am going to buy the Kolcraft Tandem something or other,lol.

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I have a jane powertwin that I love and use all the time!  My son is 2 years 8 months and then I also use it with my 14 month old.

I would hold onto the single stroller too for those times when you know your two year old will want to walk around.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

logansmomma2007
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Our son will be close to three when the baby arrives.  We will not be purchasing a double stroller.  I do have both a heavy duty and light weight stroller just in case we plan an all day trip. 

My friend has offered to give me her old Jeep double stroller, but that is for when the baby is bigger.

usafwifenmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I think it depends on how often you'll be out and about. My daughter will be almost 3 when this one's born and I'll DEF be getting a double stroller because we go to Disneyland 2 or 3 times a month :)

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)